Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Baby Sprinkle

Taking a quick step back, I wanted to post about my baby sprinkle! My Aunts Peggy and Mary Beth wanted to have something to celebrate baby #2, so we decided to do a smaller/simpler "baby shower" aka "baby sprinkle" that would focus mostly on smaller gifts/girl items since we have all the big items from Nolan's baby shower. 

Originally, the sprinkle was scheduled for January 24th at The Painted Tea Cup in Upper Darby, PA. However, there was a significant snow storm that weekend and many of the guests were traveling from NJ so we decided to postpone until the next weekend (January 31st). Unfortunately, the Painted Tea Cup was not available the next weekend, so the location was moved to the brand new Iron Hill Brewery location in Ardmore, PA. This location was actually great and gave us a private area for the party. Thankfully most people were able to re-schedule, and we had a nice group of about 10 ladies in attendance!

Lion King Balloons Mary Beth picked out

As I mentioned in Emilia's birth story, I was pretty nervous about my impending labor before/during this event (I even brought an emergency "if my water breaks" bag with towels and a change of clothes!) but everything was fine (even if I was scared to walk around much or go to the bathroom! haha)

Yummy cupcakes from Wegmans, manicure kit favors, and decorations
Cupcakes - to go if you were stuffed from lunch!
It was so nice to be surrounded by close family and friends (especially when I felt like I could go into labor any minute!) I had a wonderful time - good people, food, gifts... couldn't ask for more!

Some group shots:





Love my goofy friends: Lauren V 
Cheers, Lauren P!
Wish Faryn could be there, but having her mom Gail come was so great!

Aunt Mary Beth

I ordered a huge meal in case it was my last before labor - yummy cheeseburger with sweet potato fries :)
 Everyone was so generous with gifts (I'm still catching up with writing thank you cards!)


My friends know me: the iPood card :)


Lots of cute girl clothes (and not everything was pink!)

Cute mint color

Onesies in every size/color!

The nursery bedding I picked out :)

My last "bump" picture before birth!
 Thank you to all the ladies who made this sprinkle so special! It was a wonderful experience to have so close to the birth of our baby girl. Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment