A little late, but our baby girl is THREE months old! It's hard to believe that I would already be back at work if I took the same leave as I did with Nolan. Time flies so quickly during maternity leave - I'm really glad I had the opportunity to take an extra almost 2 months this time.
 |
| Emilia Caroline - 3 months old! |
 |
| Emilia's growth: 1-3 months |
I think I love comparing Emilia and Nolan at the same age even more than I like comparing her month to month pictures. Again, Emilia has much more hair than Nolan at this age, but it is now officially falling out! Her scalp is peeling like crazy and with it are coming large clumps of hair attached. I bought a special shampoo (Mustela) that is supposed to help clear up the dry scalp, but we are only bathing her a few times a week since that itself leads to dry skin. I am also doing a healthy dose of aquaphor on her neck/chest area that otherwise becomes so dry it is red and scaly! The aquaphor helps a lot, but it is so greasy (it is like vasoline) and gets all over her clothes. While Nolan had some dry patches, Emilia is definitely more like me with her dry skin. She also appears paler (like me!), but Nolan also had more time in the sun at this point since it is farther along into the summer.
 |
| Nolan (L), Emilia (R): 3 months old |
Some chair out takes:
 |
| Smiley girl! |
I also continued taking close up photos on the sheepskin rug.
 |
| Emilia at 1, 2, and 3 months. |
 |
| Nolan (L) and Emilia (R) at 3 months. |
Rug out takes:
 |
| Always kicking!! |
 |
| Her play face :) |
Finally, the new tradition of photos with my baby blanket:
Three month update:
- Likes:
- Her Gym: Emilia is spending more time playing happily in her floor gym. She now can reach out and bat her toys and even bring some into her mouth. She makes tons of cooing and cute noises while doing it too!
- Her Swing: This is one of the only ways to get her to take a nap during the day, but often times it is interrupted by intermittent cries.
- The Ergo: Wearing her and walking puts her to sleep 100% of the time!
- The Bath: Unlike Nolan at this age (and even now) who hated/was hit or miss with the bath, she consistently loves it and never cries!
- Diaper changes: See above. Nolan always cries (and still does, although he's pretty much potty trained now), but Emmy never does!
- Eating: doesn't all babies?! The plus side is my supply has been awesome this time around and we even bought a deep freezer for the basement since my milk was overtaking our freezer! Hoping to avoid formula this time around!
- Dislikes:
- Riding in the car: This is very unfortunate as we spend 1-2hrs in the car a day picking up and dropping off Nolan. I'm pretty much unfazed by her crying in there now.
- Sleeping through the night or long stretches: We're still waiting for the long sought after sleep breakthrough. Even naps during the day she rarely goes longer than an hour! At night, she's going to bed around 7pm and has recently been waking around 10pm, then midnight, 3am, and 4-5am. yeah. I'm getting a bit desperate and have resorted to some "gimicky" sleep aids - the magic merlin sleep suit and the zipadeezip sack. I'll report back on if either of these help! Hoping to get back to some 4-5hr stretches, particularly between 12-5am!
- Being held while sitting down/staying still: This was the same with Nolan. High maintenance children we have!
Our next pediatrician appointment isn't until 4 months, but informally she weighs about 13lbs. We'll see if she moves up in her percentiles at all by then (and hopefully is sleeping better too!)
No comments:
Post a Comment