I think time flies even quicker the second time around. It's hard to believe that our baby girl is almost a half year old! Here's an update on life with Emilia at 5 months, along with her monthly photoshoot.
 |
| Emilia Caroline, 5 Months old. |
 |
| Changing so much! |
Emilia has changed so much over the months! I recently made her baby book album, and she really looks like a different person when she was a newborn. All that crazy dark hair has officially fallen out (along with her dried scalp from cradle cap) and we've got a little baldy on our hands (with the occasionally wispy strand of hair and what I like to call the "reverse soul patch" in the back of her head near her neck line.
 |
| This is what remains of her hair! |
Here are some of the photos of her in the chair this month:
 |
| Such a happy baby now! |
 |
| Sun hitting her face |
 |
| Still occasionally falling during the photoshoot :) |
 |
| Tongue out in concentration |
 |
| Getting tired of being in the chair! |
 |
| Whoa who's that? Has he always been there?? |
 |
| Nice to meet you, Blanca! |
 |
| My babies at 5 months: Nolan (L) and Emmy (R) |
We've been joking that Emmy lost all her hair and became a completely different baby! She's so much happier and sleeping much better these days. She's really starting to develop a personality, and her favorite person to laugh at is her big brother Nolan! I'll be holding her and kicking the beach ball with Nolan and all of a sudden she'll break out in a fit of laughter at her silly brother's antics. I'm really looking forward to watching them play together as she gets older.
 |
| Miss Emmy - 5 months on the sheepskin rug |
 |
| She looks like a different child! |
 |
| Sparkle in her eyes. Love her <3 |
 |
| hi |
 |
| Really finding her feet these days |
 |
| Flailing everywhere, but still not flipping from back to tummy (but can the other way!) |
 |
| "Double eyebrows!" |
 |
| Nolan (L), Emmy (R) at Five Months |
 |
| Emmy on the heirloom quilt, 5 months |
 |
| Smiley girl! |
 |
| There's those feet again! |
 |
| Stinker! Kicking away |
 |
| Profile in the sun |
 |
| She loves blowing bubbles these days! |
We finished off the photoshoot with some tummy time. She still pretty much hates it!
 |
| Getting stronger |
 |
| Not loving it |
 |
| That face! |
Emmy Facts - 5 Months
- Sleeping. I'm hoping this is the turning point! We've officially seen a few nights of her longest sleep EVER! Just last week she's slept for 12 hours straight two days in a row (6pm-6am!) which is something I'm not even sure Nolan did until much later. The nights she has been waking up, it's usually just one feeding, but I know over the past month there were some rough nights of several wake ups mixed in so it's still pretty inconsistent, but seems to be trending better! We've been doing white noise on an old iphone (rain/storm sounds) along with a humidifier, fan, and magic merlin suit. The BEST part of Emmy's sleeping habits is that I can put her in her crib wide awake and she will fall asleep herself! This literally took years (and hours and hours of rocking) for Nolan to achieve. I hope this continues and promotes healthy sleeping habits ahead.
- Nicknames! I can't believe I haven't recorded this yet! Emilia has gathered up quite the variety of nicknames already in her short life. Many of them very silly! Some are: Emmy, Ems, Bemmy (short for Baby Emmy), Bems, Bemps, Blemmy, Bemmy Bifkin, Blemmy Blifkin, Emmers, Emmer Bemmer. Meanwhile Nolan insists that he is "Just Nolan". No nicknames, no middle name, no last name. Just Nolan.
- Mobility. As I mentioned, Emmy still hasn't mastered the back to front roll, but has rolled from the push-up position to her back a few times now. She is also incredibly strong on her feet and can stand on her own if we set up her up to hold onto the couch/ottoman/etc.
- Interaction. Emmy is officially "grabby". It's hard to have her on your lap while eating because she'll grab everything in front of her. She's knocked my cell phone out of my hand several times now. This has made her enjoy her toys much more now and will spend much more time playing in her gym, exersaucer, and jumper now. She's even happier in her car seat now that she can play with the toys and links that are hanging on the bar.
- Vocal Sounds. Emmy is definitely experimenting with new sounds and volumes. She makes more babbling type sounds, squeals with delight, blows bubbles, coos, and laughs! I love watching her little personality come out.
- Teeth. She still the 2 bottom "buds" that haven't popped through yet. Thankfully she is sleeping better so I'm not rushing it - especially because then I have to worry about biting :)
I'm so glad I had a longer time off this time around to get past the "cranky/never sleeping" stage that Emmy went through to be able to experience and appreciate her happy/content stage! Cherishing these last 2 weeks of being home with my baby girl <3
No comments:
Post a Comment