Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Weeks 6, 7 and 1st Ultrasound!

Week 6 has come and gone, and the nausea is definitely still going strong. It feels like I'm constantly hung over and starting to feel more exhausted. Eating small snacks constantly is the way to go - the worst I feel is the break between breakfast and lunch. Around 10-11am I start feeling sick even with snacks (protein bar, dry cereal, etc). Usually an early lunch helps things, but it's been hard figuring out what I can stomach. For some reason "greasy" foods have settled my stomach more (pizza, french fries, chicken fingers). Soup and plain pasta also work well. I've taken to carrying lemon drops in my purse, which semi-help with the queasy feeling. It's been hard starting work feeling like this, but I've managed to not let it affect me too much. It's actually good to be distracted and not constantly thinking about how I'm feeling. It definitely makes me nervous about how it will go over when I do inform them that I'm pregnant, but that's a battle for another day.

Week 6 Belly photo:

And for the big news! Today we had our first ultrasound!!

I had to drink 40oz of liquid in a 30min span an hr before my appointment. I had to pee SO bad by the time my appointment started. Luckily the woman was very sympathetic (I'm sure everyone is like that when they arrive) and took some quick abdominal ultrasound photos with my full bladder then let me go to the bathroom (sooo much better). After, we got "better" photos using the transvaginal ultrasound and got to see the heart beat! Our little bean's heart beat is looking strong (about 2x the speed of adult heart beat) and is growing right on schedule (7 weeks). Here's baby Barrientos's photo debut!


The current plan is to make copies and buy some "grandma/grandpa" frames to wrap and surprise our parents with the big news! It's been SO hard not saying anything, but it'll be worth it be able to share the moment in person in a way they'll never forget.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment