Thursday, September 15, 2011

Week 8

The nausea got pretty bad since last post, but miraculously I've had some relief over the past 3 days. I don't know if I've just been managing it better (eating a 2nd breakfast once I get to work helps get through that terrible 10-11am timeslot that was killing me for awhile), but I think it's getting better. I can actually think about eating different types of foods without getting as queazy. Hopefully this relief stays and the baby is still doing great in there.

Last week's photo:

With our 1st ultrasound (7 weeks)


I had 8 vials of blood drawn last Friday for various routine and genetic testing. My next checkup will be next week in which we'll go over the bloodwork and just see how I'm progressing. I am going to schedule my next ultrasound soon which will be NT screening that occurs between 12 and 14 weeks. It'll be nice to see the little bean again. The following checkup (around 12 weeks) we should be able to hear the baby's heartbeat with the doppler.

I'm excited for tomorrow because I'll FINALLY be breaking the news to my parents! It's been so hard to keep it a secret, but we really wanted to wait until we had our first ultrasound and now I can give them these cool presents to surprise them in person...

For Grandpa to be:

For Grandma to be:


I'm so excited and can't wait to see the look on their faces when they open up their presents! It will be so much easier to get through the rest of my pregnancy with their support. I'll be sure to update with how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment