OK, too long to go without posting! I've just been sooooo tired lately. By the time I get home, walk the dog, TRY to eat something, and relax a little it's time to go to bed. I can barely make it to 10pm these days - I'll usually be in bed by 9-9:30pm.
First off, we've slowly been telling immediate family, which has been SO fun! We told my parents first, with the wrapped frames from last post. I handed the wrapped frames to each of them, and my mom knew what it was right away before even opening it. Guess she had motherly instinct on that one. My dad, hilariously, was clueless and took what seemed like forever to open his package then just stared in disbelief saying "NO!" in a happy-I-can't-believe-it way. Big hugs went around and I enjoyed being pampered during the weekend by my parents. My dad even served me breakfast in bed one morning, and I got my nails done with mom :)
We told Jessica next and totally tricked her thinking she was opening a belated birthday card, when it was a baby announcement card. Her face was awesome - total shock, which turned into a huge grin and more big hugs. Luis and Joe's parents got phone calls since we didn't know when we'd see them next, and everyone is just so excited and happy to hear the news. It's nice to have some people to share the news with and everyone keeps checking in to see how I'm feeling and how the baby is doing. We are very lucky.
As to how I'm feeling, unfortunately, not great. The nausea keeps coming and going, and while I've been able to manage it pretty successfully at work (2 breakfasts and snacking are key!), the evenings have gotten pretty bad. Most nights it is a struggle to figure out what I can stomach for dinner, and from dinner on I feel so nauseous I pretty much just lay on the couch and got to bed with an upset stomach. Luckily sleep always cures it and I wake up feeling pretty good. I hope since I'm nearing the end of my first trimester (1 more week!) that things will ease up soon. 6 weeks is a long time to feel nauseous! Joe has been very patient and dealt with my lack of cooking/helping much around the apartment very well. I think we are both looking forward to having real meals with each other again, and maybe getting to take advantage of the great restaurants in Philly soon.
Not much to report since the last post as far as baby updates. My last doctor's appointment (around 8wks) went very well and all my bloodwork came back great. I'm not a carrier for any of the tested genetic disorders, and all my hormone/blood levels look perfect. We're anxiously awaiting this Tuesday for our NT sequential scan - ultrasound! I can't wait to see how much Baby B has grown since last time, and will feel relieved when everything (fingers crossed) looks normal. We may even get a guess at the sex, although it's pretty early for that. Friday I'll go back to the OBGYN for my monthly checkup and we'll get to hear baby's heartbeat on the doppler. Exciting week!
As with everything else, I've slacked on belly photos. Here's the last one I took at 10.5 weeks. I'll have to remember to take one this weekend... still no real bump yet, but clothes are definitely feeling noticeably tighter and I've had to buy new bras. Maternity clothes may not be too far in the future!

No comments:
Post a Comment