I can honestly say that up until now, our pregnancy hasn't changed things much for me. I woke up at 6:15am and got home at 6:15pm before we were pregnant and I am still doing the same. I still watched football on the weekends, still would go to the gym sporadically, and still fall asleep around 11:30 pm. My eating habits have slightly changed, but most of that was due to the difficulty Kate was having with enjoying food during her first trimester.
On Thursday, I came to the realization that this routine was going to be gone in a matter of months. Thursday was a big day. We got the keys to our new house and began to picture what it will be like to raise a family there for the next few years. But more importantly, we had our 20-week ultrasound. Kate was adamant about knowing the gender, while I was indifferent. Had she felt the other way, I probably would have been fine with that too. Anyhow, we received confirmation yesterday that it will be a...BOY! (I told you I like puns). Immediately this all started to feel more real. I could now begin to picture what our child would look like and what he would act like. This news also made me begin to mentally prepare for my job as role model - something I've never had to do before.
Now I'd be lying if I didn't say that all of the above, while exciting, made me feel nervous as well. But it's an excited nervous. It's like the first day of college or the first day at a new job, but multiplied by a million. But in time things will become normal a new routine will emerge. Except this routine will include someone that will mean the world to me and someone who I won't want to disappoint. I can't wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment