Tuesday, November 29, 2011

18 weeks!

It's been a busy week! We traveled down to North Carolina the weekend before Thanksgiving to celebrate Amy and Steve's baby boy due to arrive in early February. It was so nice to see all our friends and share our happy news as well. Amy looks great and it's so fun being pregnant at the same time as one of my best friends. I came home with a backpack filled to the brim with maternity clothes which I am very excited about! Most are tops so I'll have to wait until I develop more of a baby belly to fill them out... but great to have nonetheless.

Last weekend was Thanksgiving! Joe, Deaner, and I made the nice and short drive to NJ this year. It is SO nice to live less than 2 hours away now - it really allows us to relax and enjoy the holiday even more. I got to see all my extended family and celebrate our news even more :)

I even fit in some maternity shopping on Sunday - pants are now the biggest issue as many are becoming too tight and uncomfortable to wear to work all day. I bought 2 full panel pants which should fit throughout my pregnancy. It's actually fun to have an excuse to go out and buy clothes!

My 18 week photo - I can't believe I'm nearing the halfway mark already! I'm definitely starting to notice the belly getting bigger now.
18 Weeks

Telling Deaner that he is going to be a big Brother soon!
I'm so glad I was feeling well enough to partake in all the Thanksgiving goodies last week - yay for the second trimester! Over the past week or so, I've been feeling "bubbles" and "taps" in my belly - I'm pretty sure those are baby B saying hello! I'm really enjoying the feeling and interaction with the baby :)

There will be a BIG update next week as we close on our house and get baby's anatomy scan on Thursday. We're both VERY excited to see the baby again and finally know a little more about him or her! I have a feeling shopping will become harder to resist after this knowledge!

No comments:

Post a Comment