Today is 17 weeks! I had my 4th monthly doctor's check-up this morning and everyone is doing great. Haven't gained much weight yet, but I feel like I'm just starting to show more noticeably. My blood pressure remains normal, and baby B's heartbeat is a strong 160bpm. I love the sound of baby's little heartbeat chugging away - it's such a pick-me-up and a wonderful reminder that there really is a little person in there! I haven't felt any movements yet, but since it's my first pregnancy, it's not really expected until around 20weeks. I can't wait until it starts though - part of the relief of hearing the heartbeat is knowing baby is doing well in there, and feeling movements would provide more frequent feedback!
Here's my 17 week belly shot with my belly starting to stick out a bit more. The doctor said by my next visit (21 weeks), the baby will be at belly-button level, so he/she will be rising higher and higher in my abdomen this month - protruding my belly out more.
We're off to NC for a 3 day weekend to attend our good friends Steve and Amy's baby shower. They are having a little boy in February so it'll be great to get some tips from her (and possibly some hand-me-down maternity clothes!) We are looking forward to seeing all our friends that we miss so much! Then it'll be a short work week and Thanksgiving next week. Can't wait to see the extended NJ family and formally announce our upcoming new addition :)

No comments:
Post a Comment