Friday, November 11, 2011

16 Weeks!

Time is really flying these days - I can't believe I've been pregnant for 4 months already!

It's been really fun over the past few weeks calling friends and sharing our news. I told work the week after my last ultrasound and it went really well. It is such a relief to have it out in the open at work, and my coworkers and boss have all been very happy and supportive.


A big piece of the puzzle has finally fallen into place - we are in the process of buying a house! It took way longer than we had anticipated, but, fingers crossed, we will finally be settled in PA on Dec 8th. I can't wait to get our stuff out of storage and start setting up our new place (including baby's room!)

Our new home!
The day of closing will be a big day for us! Not only will we get the keys to our new place, but we'll also have our big 20week anatomy scan ultrasound. We'll get to see every detail of little baby Barrientos including a more definitive answer to the gender.

Recent milestones:
1st pair of maternity pants bought! I now have basic black dress pants from Gap Maternity, and they are soooo comfy. Still wearing most of my other pants, but switching to elastic waists sure is tempting :)

1st baby gift received! Our friend Megan from NC was thoughtful enough to send us 3 classic children's books: The Velveteen Rabbit, Goodnight Moon, and Corduroy (complete with teddy bear!) It really hit me when I opened the package that I even teared up a bit - blaming the pregnancy hormones on that one :)

First belly photo of the 2nd trimester (15wks):

The bump is getting a little more pronounced. It still looks like a gut to me in normal clothes though - gotta love that awkward time in between a real baby belly and a "I'm getting fat" belly :)

Next doctor's appointment is next week - we'll get to hear the heartbeat again with the doppler! Then we travel back to NC for a friend's baby shower. We can't wait to see all our friends whom we miss very much!

4 comments:

  1. The house looks beautiful and so do you! Can't wait to come visit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That house is adorable. Wahhhhhhh!!!!! I can't deal with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great and that's such a cute house!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys! you are all welcome to come visit WHENEVER you want - we'll have 4 bedrooms and Philly is fun :)

    ReplyDelete