Saturday, January 14, 2012

25 Weeks!

Time is flying and I'm now only a few weeks away from my third trimester. Really hard to believe that our baby boy will really be joining us in a only a couple more months! 

We've been busy in the new house painting - we painted both the guest room (from "Pepto Bismol" pink to Highlight by Behr - a very pale mint green) and baby room (from bright turquoise to Cumberland Fog by Behr - a light blue/grey). We are completely done with the guest room, and only a few touchups away from finishing baby's room! 

Here are pictures of the nursery as decorated by the previous owners (from our house showing):


I will post after photos of the new color after we finish our touch-ups tomorrow. The new color really tones down the room, and gives it a more calming atmosphere. We plan to pick out furniture soon. The room is pretty small so we have to carefully choose what to place in there without it feeling too crowded. Ideally, I'd like a crib, glider, dresser that doubles as a changing table, and perhaps instead of a full bookcase (as shown), some open shelving to display books on the wall and a bench with storage underneath. The closet is actually quite large and has a lot of pre-existing shelving so storage will hopefully not be an issue in this room.

Speaking of the closet - it is already filling up with little boy clothes (which melt my heart!) Thanks to generous family and friends who are helping get his little wardrobe started! Once we decide on curtains/fabrics for the room, I plan to paint the inside of the closet a fun matching color (lime green perhaps?)

I've also started a little collection for a gallery wall for this room. I think it will go above the changing table/dresser. So far I have 3 items to be included: The bottom print is of a cat sitting at a table that Joe and I picked up in Nice, France this summer (before we were even pregnant) in memory of our kitty Jerry that had just passed away (and his love of food!!), the right is a cute print of London that is actually on a thin piece of wood from Danielle and Scott this Christmas, and the top is a print I pinned on pinterest that my mom saw and surprised me with last weekend. I plan to frame them all in white frames. I hope to add a few more items, and perhaps even DIY a few myself for a personal touch. Should be fun to see it come together!

Start of Nursery Gallery Wall

I'm still in second trimester bliss. Feeling pretty good health-wise. Had my 24 week appointment this week and everything is on track! I do feel like my belly is growing by the day and am now more aware of it when moving around/bending down. I'm sure it'll continue to get in the way as it grows, but for now it's fun to finally visibly look pregnant. I have my 1hr glucose test next weekend, and hoping to pass in order to avoid the 3hr test - I've heard the sugary drink is pretty nasty, but all in the name of staying healthy! Baby B gives me daily frequent kicks letting me know he's doing well, which I've really grown to enjoy. 25 week belly shot:
25 weeks!

On top of nursery planning, we've also started more seriously discussing Baby B's name. We went through a baby book and picked names independently then compared. The good news is that we have very similar tastes and a good amount of overlap in our selections. The bad news is that we still haven't found a name that just clicks with both of us just yet. Hopefully we'll have a "Eureka" moment soon and this little boy gets the perfect name he deserves :)

Finally, tomorrow is a big day - baby registry day! I've been doing research by reading the "Baby Bargains" book (highly recommended by many moms) and also sending out a "help me" email to all my experienced mom friends. I feel very grateful to have so many friends take the time away to type out their favorite baby items and registry advice. I've compiled all the information (in an excel spreadsheet - yes, my mom makes fun of me for making a spreadsheet for everything!) and feel semi-equipped to make the trip to Babys R Us tomorrow with Joe and get some hands-on time with items to help make the big decisions. The current plan is to split the items between Babys R Us (for those who may want to shop at a real "brick and mortar" store) and Amazon (for maximum flexibility to add any product from any website and also the best prices). Hopefully the process won't be too overwhelming! Babys sure do need a lot of STUFF! Makes the wedding registry process seem like a breeze in retrospect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment