We've picked up the pace regarding all things baby and are really starting to get things in order. Big issues over the past few weeks included putting our registry in order, making a decision on a daycare, deciding on nursery furniture, doctors visits, and nursery planning.
Paint is all done, and I'm starting to picture our little boy in his nursery! Sorry for the bad iphone quality photos taken at night. Next up on our list is to upgrade to a DSLR camera.
![]() |
| ignore the ladder - just finished painting! |
![]() |
| Closet - will be painted a fun color to match the sheets/curtains. Thinking lime green currently... |
Updates:
- Registry - wow, this has been so hard and time consuming to put together. I am very thankful for friends who are recent moms and shared all their "must have" information with me. We decided to register at Babys R Us and Amazon.com. After two long visits at Babys R Us to get hands on with the big ticket items (car seat, stroller, all the various "baby holders", etc), I feel like we are finally getting there. The invitations to my shower are going out any day now so I wanted the registry to be nice and filled out before anyone looks it up. I'm sure there will be a lot of tweaking along the way (we still haven't settled on a stroller for after infant car-seat stage, etc) but we've accomplished a lot over the past few weeks.
- Cloth Diapers - It's something I've been researching and been intrigued about for awhile. There certainly are a lot of pro's to cloth diapering. 1 - Not adding literally tons of non-biodegradeable waste to land fills. 2 - It's MUCH cheaper. 3 - They are adorable and so so soft. 4- They prevent diaper rash and have far less blowouts. 5 - Kids who cloth diaper potty train earlier on average. That's a lot of stuff going for it! Of course there's a few negatives too, 1 - More laundry. 2 - More "hands on" with poo/pee. 3 - Some daycares won't cloth diaper. 4 - traveling is a bit more tricky. Right now, we are committed to giving it a go. Baby B probably won't be in cloth diapers during daycare (the one we like does not offer it), but we'll do it as much as possible while at home/on the weekends. The brand I'm registering for is called bumgenius. For all you doubters out there, check them out. I'm going to try a few of the different types, but all of them are "one size" diapers that adjust to grow with your baby. The popular types are the "all in ones" style that is basically like a disposable - just take it and snap it on and the "pocket" diapers - that have a removable cotton stuffer to allow faster drying and more customizable absorbency (you can double stuff at night). Should be an interesting experience, and I hope to update with how it goes!
- Daycare - After visiting four different daycares in the area, we are pretty sure we know which one we are going with now. Just have to make it official by filling out paperwork and putting in our deposit. In honesty, the four were all very similar. It came down to facilities, gut feeling, and number crunching. We like how they were all strongly focused on learning and development milestones. Joe reminds me that we aren't ever "married" to the one we select - we can always move him to another one if we find things we don't like, and it's nice to know there are a lot of options in the area.
- Nursery Furniture - I'd like to order this ASAP. Some places have very long shipping/delivering times and I don't want to be putting together furniture right at the end or even after Baby B arrives. After looking at a few stores, we'll probably go "middle end" and choose a highly rated furniture company based on the baby bargains book. We are so indecisive and keep changing our minds, but I think we have what we want picked out. Tonight we will tape off the measurements in the nursery to make sure the furniture is the appropriate size. We're leaning towards a classic white finish.
- Pregnancy Update - I'm still feeling really great. I had some round ligament pain on and off so that getting up or shifting positions fast caused sharp pains, but that has really disappeared over the last few days. I definitely feel the baby bump getting bigger and bigger by the day. I'm starting to say goodbye to seeing lower extremities as easily! I sometimes forget that big belly is there and have trouble bending down to pick something up. Gotta learn to take it slower! Baby B has been extremely active lately. I can see the outside of my belly move with his big movements. Late at night when I'm laying down for bed is when he's at his most active... time to kiss future sleep goodbye! I passed my 1hr glucose tolerance test a week ago so I am at low risk for gestational diabetes. I had heard people complain about how gross the "glucola" drink was, but it really just tasted like a more sugary version of orange soda. You do have to drink it pretty fast though! Glad I passed and don't have to do the 3 hr challenge.
| bumgenius cloth diaper |
Here's a 27 week belly shot! Last of the 2nd trimester. Slow down baby, we're still getting ready for your arrival! :)
![]() |
| 27 weeks! |
Next doctor's appointment - next week (28wks). We should get a prescription for our 32 week ultrasound then - so excited to see how much our guy has grown! At this point, the appointments may move to every other week as well (instead of monthly). Also on the horizon is our full day "crash course" on birthing and childcare offered by the hospital. It will also include a tour - it will be nice to be able to visualize where everything will take place after that. Now if time will just go a bit slower until we have everything ready... :)








No comments:
Post a Comment