Monday, March 4, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!

We're getting down to the last of Nolan's "First" Holidays! Only St. Patrick's Day to go... hard to believe a year has almost passed since he joined our little family!

We had a pretty low key Valentine's Day since it was mid-week (Thursday) and Nolan's bedtime is still around 7-7:30PM. Nolan's daycare had a pancake breakfast in the morning for parents and "pajama day". Nolan didn't have any Valentine's Day themed PJ's so we sent him to school on Friday wearing his cute Valentine's Day shirt we picked up at Old Navy.

Our Little Heart Throb
Early morning photoshoot before going to school
Since I was home earlier that week for Nolan's surgery, I made some "homemade" presents for Joe this year (thanks to ideas on Pinterest). I used Nolan's hand and foot print to make a "Love" artwork that is similar to the Love Statue in Philadelphia. I also cut up an old map we had in the house to frame the 3 places we've lived since we started dating - State College, PA, Raleigh/Durham, NC, and Broomall, PA. I'm planning on putting some effort to decorate our master bedroom soon so I think these 2 pieces will look great in there.

Love artwork made by Nolan (framed before giving it to Joe) and hearts of places we've lived
All in all, even if it was one of the most low-key valentine's days I've had in awhile, it was without a doubt one of my favorite ones since I got to spend it with my little Valentine.

Cutest little Valentine
Look forward to many more Valentines with my sweet boys.

The littlest Valentine



No comments:

Post a Comment