I'm squeezing in Nolan's Twelve month post in right before he turns Thirteen months! This month marks the last of the monthly photo series we started at 1 month.
 |
| Our One Year Old! |
 |
| One Year of Monthly Photos |
 |
A big smile for 12 months!
|
 |
| One year of Nolan expressions :) |
Right around his birthday, we had his 12 month pediatrician appointment and his ENT checkup for his ear tubes. He's hitting all developmental timepoints, and his ear tubes are still hanging strong (despite his continued ear infections).
12 Month Stats: Weight - 19lbs, 10oz (25th%), Height - 2'6'' (47th%), Head Circumference - 18'' (40th%)
12 Month Snapshot:
Mobility - Nolan has mastered the butt scoot and has never crawled in the traditional way. He can move pretty fast with the butt scoot and the doctor is not concerned about his unique way of moving (but of course he wouldn't do it for her during the appointment!) He doesn't really pull up on his own, but a lot of this is because he is not crawling traditionally - it is harder to pull up from you butt than on your knees. Nolan takes as many as 6-8 steps solo between Joe and I using his momentum and us starting him in a standing position. He is also cruising like crazy and can use almost any surface to cruise including walls. He's surprised me a few times how far he had gotten across a room finding surfaces to cruise on.
Communication - Nolan babbles constantly and keeps surprising us with new and different sounds daily. He seems to know and direct "Mama" and "Dada" to us now. I've also caught him saying "Din" for Dean and "baba" for bottle - I'm trying to pay attention to his babbles to see if I can pick out meaningful and directed speech. There will be a language explosion over this year and I can't wait to be able to communicate better with him - hopefully this will ease some of his frustration to let us know what he wants. I love hearing his little voice! He does seem to understand a lot more and reacts when I talk to him (ie I say "Nolan Up?" and he lifts his arms to be picked up).
Food - We've made the big switcheroo from formula to whole milk. We also changed from bottles to sippy cups. Nolan took both changes amazingly well - daycare even remarked how easy he made the change to sippy cups compared to other kids. He will take either the spout or straw varieties. Knowing how to use a straw is useful for restaurant kiddie cups etc. To use up the last of his formula, we've been mixing a small amount in with his whole milk before bed to keep his belly extra full. He also still gets a bottle before bed, but sippy cups all other times during the day. Since the move away from formula (and less liquid volume - ie 40oz of formula a day to 15oz whole milk) he's been eating a ton more food, which is the whole idea! Usually for daycare I will pack some sort of puree (veggies, fruit, or yogurt), a finger food (pasta, mini raviolis, bagel, cheese stick), and a snack (cheerios, fruit snacks, graham crackers). Once he is in the next room, 2 snacks a day will be provided. He definitely eats in waves (some days a lot, some he'd rather throw the food on the ground and watch Dean eat it), but all in all he's doing great!
Sleep - Nolan has been sleeping great! More often than not he sleeps through the night (11-13hrs straight). A bunch of times this month I had to wake him up because I was ready to leave for work and he was still sleeping! He even let us sleep past 8am a few weekends, which was awesome :) He has continued to have colds/ear infections that will disturb his sleep from time to time, but when those clear up he's back to great sleep.
Teeth - At one year old, Nolan has 6 teeth. 4 on the top, two on the bottom. He's drooling like crazy (and 13 mo spoiler alert, molars are on the way!)
12 month Outtakes:
No comments:
Post a Comment