Monday, April 28, 2014

Easter Bunny Photo and Egg Dyeing!

On Good Friday, both Joe and Nolan had off and had a super-cute Daddy/Son Day, which included Nolan's very first real soccer ball and playing on the big fields (photos to come in the April recap post). My work was still open, so we decided to meet at the King of Prussia Mall after work, down the road from my office, to get some last-minute Easter Bunny Photos!

I'm not sure if was the fact that I handed over Nolan to the Easter Bunny not too long after we all met up (he didn't want to leave my arms) or that the Easter Bunny is terrifying (or a combination of both!), but the photo did not go so well this year. I guess we were due for a crying photo after a perfect streak of 2 Santas and 1 Easter Bunny with no tears!

Nolan and the Easter Bunny - 2014. A very unhappy kid!
Last year's photo - maybe a bit unsure, but overall relaxed!
 To bring back some more fun into Easter, I set up an Easter Egg Dyeing station on the deck on Saturday morning. Nolan was really into it! I went "old school" with the classic PAAS coloring kit with the tablets that dissolve into vinegar/water. The vinegar/boiled egg combo really brought me back to my childhood. As you can tell from the photo below, it was really hard to tell what color the pellets were before dissolving them so I got a few guesses in the wrong colored cups (Nolan must have hated it!)

 
Eggs being dyed
Naming all of the colors


Nolan was pretty intrigued by the whole process, but it was really hard to have him not want to grab the eggs immediately and throw them/spill the cups. Hopefully next year he'll be a bit more excited about putting him personal mark on the decorations (carefully!)

Trying to use the wire egg holder
Nolan with the finished product
I was happy to sneak this little craft time in! Nothing feels more like Easter than dyeing eggs. We only cracked one in the process so I will consider that an astounding success!

The finished product!

On display in our house

No comments:

Post a Comment