Playing catch up! Here's a Nolan update from this summer (July and August).
 |
| Nolan Lucas, August 2014 |
As you might have guessed, it's been a super busy summer! Here's some of the photos off my iPhone from July and August.
Nolan's school had their annual fundraising event for their official charity, "Alex's Lemonade Stand". Nolan had a lot more fun this year since he could partake in many of the activities, including the Bouncy House!
 |
| Nolan at his school's fundraising event for "Alex's Lemonade Stand" |
 |
| Wanting to play with the balls and shoot baskets the entire time |
We also got our first trip to meet Thomas in person at the Please Touch Museum in Philadelphia. We didn't anticipate what a big draw this would be... we ended up waiting in line for about an hour. Luckily both Joe and I went, so one of us took Nolan around to play nearby while the other person waited in line. Joe joked that Thomas was "more popular than Santa!" By the time we got to see him, Nolan (and many other kids) were pretty cranky, but it still was a fun time!
 |
| Playing at Please Touch while waiting for Thomas |
 |
| Please Touch |
 |
| Thomas at last! Interacting with the wheels/lights/whistle, etc. Was too scared to climb inside because "Thomas's wonky whistle was too loud" |
 |
| Meeting Thomas! |
(Lots) more to come from our trip from Ireland, but here are some shots from my phone:
Current Favorites: Wearing hats, playing dress up, playing with his Thomas and Friends trains, putting together train tracks (in a straight line), coloring with crayons, kicking/throwing balls, running, jumping, climbing, Mega Blocks, Legos
 |
| A common scene = Nolan strolling around the house with his oversized birthday hat |
 |
| Another Birthday Hat spotting |
 |
| Hat Selfie! |
 |
| His absolute favorite: the yellow construction hat! |
 |
| This hat was a party favor from a year ago... it got so beat up that I bought him a new, sturdier one! |
 |
| Balloons = another favorite. Getting ready for bed and holding "Baby Caillou" |
Favorite books: Planes by Byron Barton, There's no place like Space (Cat in the Hat book), Disney Planes counting book, Things that go (National Geographic book)... sense a theme ;)
Favorite tv shows: Thomas and Friends (favorite movie is "Blue Mountain Mystery", loves the "Emily Christmas" episode, "Thomas and the Stinky Cheese" episode, "Thomas and the spaceship episode"), Super Why "outer space" episode, Caillou "rocket" episode and "rollie racer" episode
Funny Pronunciations/phrases:
"Bernaeus" = Rheneaus (from Thomas and Friends)
"Douncements" = Announcements (from the airplane)... ie "I don't like the douncements"
"I need to help you", "Mommy help you" = I need help
"Mommy hold you" = an oldie, but still a favorite
"Where it goes?", "Goes...HERE!" = solving puzzles
"Girdies" = Grilled Cheese
"Enemy" = Emily (from Thomas)
"Calling an ensines" = Calling all Engines (Thomas movie)
"Oh dee indeeindee" = Oh, the indignity (Gordon's catch phase from Thomas and friends)
"My name is not Nono, I'm Nolan" = Jimmy calls him Nono
"Keep your hands to yourself, Dimmy!" = He says this to his friend Jimmy at school
"They'll be happy to see you" = Leaving his trains in the car and how they'll feel when they see him after school
"It's bee-yew-tee-ful!" = Calling his drawings beautiful
"Let's keep going mommy" = Telling me to keep moving at the store ;)
"Too Bit!" or "Too Fit!" = Too big to fit
"Shunting trucks and holla bates" = Nolan singing the Thomas and Friends theme song which goes says shunting trucks and hauling freights :)
Nolan's been through some interesting phases lately including:
- being scared of "elephants" during dinnertime or "owls" at night (that one is at least explainable from a Thomas episode)
- The "I don't want to go to school" line every morning (and often "I don't want to leave school" in the evening!)
- The "I hate being changed" phase makes it a constant battle of me chasing his through the house to get him changed
- The "I hate baths" before the bath and "I don't want to get out of the bath" when I'm trying to get him out
- Stalling before bedtime has begun "But mommy, I'm thirsty", "More milk? More water?", "More books?", "Mommy stay here", "I'm not tired", "I can't see!"
 |
| He may stall before bedtime, but he is still an AMAZING sleeper, often sleeping until 9:30-10am on the weekends! |
As I mentioned in the last update, Nolan's school has updated to a new reporting system using iPads called Tadpoles that we get our updates emailed to us daily (used to be paper) and now includes photos of activities during the day! Here are some favorites from the summer:
 |
| Nolan stacking blocks with his friend Shae |
 |
| practicing gardening with Ella |
 |
| Story time with (his favorite teacher) Ms. Mattie in the Older Toddlers classroom |
 |
| Playing catch with Ella |
 |
| Stretching with their special guest who showed them gynastics |
 |
| Nolan enthusiastically jumping with the instructor! |
 |
| Trying a hand stand! |
 |
| Playing with (yellow) play doh |
 |
| Decorating a lemon for the Alex's Lemonade Stand fundraiser |
 |
| Nolan at bat with a competitive look in his eye! |
 |
| playing music with his friend Tyler |
Whew, that summer went by fast! It's hard to believe that fall/winter are right around the corner. While I love fall, it feels like last fall was so recently! And I am most definitely not ready for winter again (especially if it's anything like last winter!) Hoping Nolan at least likes snow more this year... only time will tell :) More catch up posts coming soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment