Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Emilia's First Solids!

Emilia is officially an EATER! We waited until the night before she turned six months old to try out solids with her. We skipped Rice Cereal and went straight for Oatmeal from Happy Bellies (same brand we used for Nolan). Unlike Nolan, Emmy LOVED it and has eaten every drop of it happily since! I have high hopes that she will continue to breeze through loving solids. According to the pediatrician, we will keep giving her oatmeal for two weeks, then start the purees, spreading them out at least 3 days before introducing something new. We'll start the purees next week!

Some of my favorite photos of Nolan were close ups in his high chair eating his first tastes of various foods. I made sure to capture the special moment with Emilia too!

First bite! A bit unsure of the whole spoon in her mouth thing.

Thinking things over.

Not sure!

Yes, I DO like it. No give me more, NOW!

Happy girl!

Mouth full!

"Feeding herself"

Too much spoon, not enough food...

More Please!

All gone!
The best part of starting up food is that we've sent it in to daycare, which has allowed me to save an entire bottle of milk a day since she is getting full from the food. I was a bit panicked after the first week of school that she went through so much of my stored milk so quickly, but since then things have slowed considerably and we are going through much less of my stock per week so I'm still hopeful it will last awhile. Also, we haven't seen a dramatic difference with her sleep like the old wives tale states (Dr's say it's not true anyway!) Although it has been hard to truly measure since she has also had a pretty nasty cold the past week that has been keeping her up.

The plan from here is to make some purees this weekend to try for the next few weeks - I'll probably start with vegetables like I did with Nolan: Sweet Potato, Butternut Squash, and Peas. Can't wait to see more crazy facial expressions along the way, and maybe our second one will be a more adventurous eater!

No comments:

Post a Comment