Our little lady is a half year old! Life is crazy, but of course I didn't forget to take her monthly photos!
 |
| Emilia Caroline, 6 months old |
 |
| Big changes with each month! |
Emmy's hair is quickly growing back in, and appears to be a lot lighter in color than her initial dark hair. She still has the big patch of dark hair on the back of her head though! She can also sit up by herself for short periods of time before falling over. Big girl!
 |
| Miss Grabby! Everything has to be touched/put into her mouth these days. |
 |
| Love her feet and hands together. |
 |
| Very vocal. Very loud. |
 |
| Just chillin. |
 |
| Checking out the fan. |
 |
| Nolan at 6 months (L), Emmy at 6 months (R) |
Emmy has developed such a little silly personality! I fall more and more in love with her each month. She is SO different now than when she was a newborn. She is so smiley/happy and able to entertain herself for longer periods of time without being held. She is such a little sweetheart <3
 |
| Six month photo on the sheepskin rug |
 |
| The ever-evolving Emmy! |
 |
| There's my smiley girl! |
 |
| SO silly!! I love it. |
 |
| My two silly gooses at 6 months. Nolan had 2 bottom teeth already! Emmy has had the same 2 buds for months now, but nothing yet! |
 |
| On the quilt |
 |
| Half way mark! |
 |
| How can you not fall in love?! |
Emmy 6 Month Update:
- Sleeping. It's been a real inconsistent month for sleeping. One thing is for sure - this girl does NOT like napping! I had never been able to get her to take good naps at home during my maternity leave, but I had thought that may be due to me not getting her in a good routine/breaking up rest periods with errands/drop offs/pick ups from daycare. But, daycare isn't having much better luck either and they are very consistent with their routines! We did get a few great nights of sleep in a row when she started at daycare, but that quickly went away after developing her first cold with constant stuffy nose/cough that keeps her up at night. Right now we're back to twice-a-night wake ups with the stuffy nose! She still sleeps in her magic merlin sleep suit. I tried one night without it and she wouldn't even fall asleep, so I don't think she's ready to transition yet. I do love that I can put her in it and put her down in her crib wide awake with her pacifier and she will fall asleep herself! This novelty has not worn out on me yet as it literally took YEARS for Nolan to reach this milestone.
- First cold! As predicted, once she started at daycare, it only took a week or two to get her first cold. It started as a runny nose, then get stuffy, then a cough that turned into a scary wheezing that caused a doctor's checkup, but her lungs were clear. The cough cleared up quickly, but weeks later we are still dealing with the stuffy nose at night even with the humidifier on full blast, a fan, and saline drops.
- Communication. This girl loves to chatter already! She has an impressive range in her vocals from the low grunts (usually right before falling asleep), to high pitched squeals of delight and everything in between. She is also making much more blowing her lips sorts of sounds now too. Her favorite person in the whole entire world is her big brother. She follows him with her gaze everywhere he goes and squeals when he runs around, jumps, and is his silly self. This is the easiest way to get her into a fit of laughter - just involve Nolan. I love watching their dynamic - I couldn't ask for a better start to their sibling relationship. Emmy also squeals/laughs when i kiss her belly or neck. She already seems very playful with a good sense of humor!
- Mobility. For as advanced as Emmy is with her communication, she definitely could use some work on her mobility! She still doesn't really roll much/at all, but has displayed the ability to do it so I'm convinced she just isn't interested! I need to make it into a game/entice her more. She does love laying on her back, grabbing her feet, and rocking side to side, though. She is pretty much sitting up all by herself now too! I wouldn't leave her sitting without me nearby or a boppy around her though as she still easily loses her balance, but I can tell she loves sitting and being able to see everything going on. No signs of crawling/mobility yet.
- Teeth. Still no teeth even after months of seeing those two little buds on her lower gums! I wonder how much of her nighttime fussiness lately has been due to those little guys getting ready to break through!
- Eating. As I mentioned in the last post, we've started Emmy on solids this month. She has loved everything and never refuses a bite! We've tried oatmeal (skipped rice cereal this time), butternut squash, sweet potato, carrots, and quinoa so far. I'll probably continue with the vegetables then start up with the fruits. Fingers crossed for another allergy-free kiddo!
- Favorites: Grabbing everything in sight, throwing things, hitting things against hard surfaces, being held facing outwards to see, exersaucer, any toy, watching big brother play, watching deaner, attention, food, putting everything in her mouth (especially her hands), pacifier for sleeping/when she's tired.
- Appearance. Emmy's hair is really coming in! It appears to be a dark blonde/light brown so a lot lighter than the original very dark hair she was born with! Her eyes are still a mystery, but decidedly not brown. Most days they appear a bluish grey. I had thought they'd be more "set" by six months, but reading online it looks like they can still change a bit in the next 3-6 months so we'll see!
- Doctor's visit/stats. For the first time ever, I didn't go to one of our kids' well visits. Daddy to the rescue when Mommy is starting a new job and can't take off time. Emmy is doing great, and weighed 15lb, 0.4oz (29th%), and measured 2'2'' (29th%), with a head circumference of 17.1'' (84th%). She's growing very similar to Nolan in her percentiles, although I know Nolan had already moved to the 6-9mo clothes by now, and I just pulled them out to wash them and we're almost at 7 months old. Emmy also got a bunch of shots (Hep B, DTAP, Prevnar, Rotavirus (oral)), and ended up getting sent home from Daycare the next day due to a fever, which was probably related. Tylenol cleared it right up and she was able to go back the next day since it wasn't due to a cold.
In general, Emmy is a healthy and very happy little girl! Everyone comments on how smiley and happy she is all the time. She loves smiling for new people and her teachers at daycare love her. I have fallen for her hard lately - her little personality and happiness are truly contagious. I feel so fortunate to have her in my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment