The kids love baking and crafting and Christmas is such a great time for it! On a whim I picked up a gingerbread house kit (Minions themed!) at the grocery store early in the season and it was fantastic! Both kids were very into the entire process. It was so simple and lasted all season.
 |
| loving gingerbread house decorating! |
The final results are below. The kids personalities really shone through - Nolan wanted to match the house exactly (colors and all) to the box, and Emmy wanted to eat all the candies ;)
The night before Christmas eve, we made home-made sugar cookies to decorate for Santa. I rarely break out the kitchen aid, but this was just the event for it. Also, I love Nolan's apron and chef's hat and need to get one for Emmy!
 |
| Chef Nolan! |
 |
| My kitchen buddy! |
 |
| He's in it for the tasting opportunities :-D |
Christmas cookies is really a 4 step process. Make dough, chill dough, roll dough/cut shapes, decorate! We split the process into 2 days and decorated the next day.
 |
| Ready to roll and cut! |
I baked the cookies and the next morning we decorated!
 |
| Ready to go with tons of decorating options! I am a sprinkle hoarder! |
 |
| The finished results - they came out AWESOME! |
Picture perfect!
Such a fun time! They're ready for Santa!! <3
No comments:
Post a Comment