Wednesday, February 15, 2012

29 Weeks!

Last few days of being in the "20's" weeks. Tomorrow, I'll be 30weeks. Again, it's hard to wrap my mind around in just 10weeks we'll either be, or very close to being parents!

Birthday Girl
Can you tell we're practicing with our new camera? ;)

Still feeling pretty good! I had a nice, restful and relaxing weekend so I'm feeling more refreshed this week. Joe surprised me with a pre-natal massage appointment on Saturday as an early birthday present. I've been lucky enough to not have any major aches and pains so far, but it felt really nice to be able to just breathe deeply and let someone rub your back for an hour :) We also had Joe's brother, sister, and our niece Mattie over for dinner on Saturday night. It is nice being close to family again. Joe's sister brought over some more maternity clothes (yay!) and some really good baby books - "The Happiest Baby on the Block" and "Breastfeeding Made Easy". They've taken over my nightstand as my nightly go-to reads. I'm more interested in reading things that will better prepare me for when baby is here than more about my pregnancy at this point. Hopefully the birthing class on Saturday will have even more useful info. We finished off the weekend for going out to a nice birthday dinner at Osteria - our 2nd Vetri restaurant experience and a yummy one! They even brought out some gelato with a candle for me :)

Photo before our night out in Philly

We received our first registry present last week! Faryn and Lance sent us our first cloth diapers - the Bumgenius Elementals (organic) all-in-ones plus a wetbag. It's fun stocking up baby B's room - can't wait to watch it start filling up with all his things :)
Our first gift off the registry!

Still waiting on the nursery furniture to come in, but in the meantime we decided on curtains. I'm going to use the no-sew hem tape and just ordered fabric by the yard (cheaper and more options!) Here's the pattern we chose:
Nursery Curtains!
Should be a fun, bold pattern that isn't too baby-ish and will go nicely with the white furniture and chocolate chair. Can't wait for it to come in! I will also order some black-out fabric for the inside so all the light is blocked, hopefully helping Baby B sleep longer.

We also ordered kitchen curtains while we're at it:
Kitchen Curtains
Should be fun and help the house feel more lived in and homey :)

Other happenings:

  • We're in the process of selecting a pediatrician. We're looking at 2 options right now. Seems like all places have expecting parent info sessions, so we will probably attend both and pick one in the next week or two.
  • Baby B is being very active these days. His kicks and movements shape-shift my belly so that you can actually watch him move now. I feel him throughout the day with most of his activity being in the early evening and right when I lay down for bed (can't he let mommy sleep now before he's born?!) He usually calms down pretty fast though and I haven't had any major problems sleeping yet as I know can happen towards the end of pregnancy. The pregnancy pillow has been great - i especially like it against my back for extra support.
  • Still no name decided, but our list is getting shorter - some due to names falling out of favor, some due to friends choosing the same names! I have a feeling this will not be decided until the very end, with a short list of names to be chosen from maybe even after baby is born and pick what feels "right".


29 week belly shot:
29 Weeks
Looking at this picture, I can't believe my stomach looks that big. I definitely feel more sluggish these days but I don't feel "huge" yet. I think there will be a lot more growing in the next 10 weeks...

Our growing family (Dean photo bombed!)



1 comment:

  1. Good luck at your birthing class! Prepare yourself for all kinds of gross videos.

    ReplyDelete