As of almost a week ago, I am officially in the THIRD and final trimester of pregnancy. The second trimester really flew by, probably because I was actually feeling good throughout. I'm hoping I'll continue to feel good as long as possible, but I've already started feeling a bit more tired the past week or two. Not sure if it's just from the frenzy of getting stuff done or the third trimester exhaustion symptom kicking in.
 |
| Welcome to 28 weeks. Trimester Numero 3! |
The checkmarks continue to add up - we've been very productive the past few weeks! Besides ordering our entire
nursery set, we also finalized our daycare and set up interviews with pediatricians. Hoping to get everything done with plenty of time to spare so we can relax towards the end and enjoy the last few weeks as a family of 2 (well, 3 if you count Dean the dog...)
We also invested in a DSLR camera so that we could best document all of Baby B's early days. After much research, we decided to buy the Canon Rebel T3i camera. It is mid-entry level, and allows us to grow as photographers with the camera. I've already started playing around, reading the manual, and practicing (using my assistant Dean as my model!) I hope to feel comfortable enough once baby comes to get some great shots. I also would like to invest in a portait lens (thinking the 50mm) for optimal newborn portraits.
 |
| Canon T3i DSLR |
Other happenings:
- Doctor's Appointments. I had my 28wk appointment today and everything is still looking great. Baby's heartbeat (love that sound... reminds me of a tiny train chugging) is right where it should be, belly is measuring right on track, and blood pressure is still nice and low. I now move to appointments every other week (from 1x/month) until 36 weeks, when the checkups become weekly. Only 3 more weeks until we get to see Baby B again by ultrasound. Looking forward to hopefully getting some good shots of his little face, hopefully in 3D.
- Next weekend is our "crash course" birthing class at the hospital! We decided to go for the 1 day course, which will run from 9am-4pm and includes a tour. Looking forward to getting all the information, meeting other local moms-to-be, and perhaps being able to better visualize the L&D process after seeing the hospital.
- Baby shower invites went out last week! It was a very time-consuming and a bit stressful of an experience to choose all the items for our registry, but we are very happy so far with our choices. I'm sure it will be a learning curve as far as what Baby B prefers, but feeling more prepared after learning all about the baby supplies. Can't wait to get it all set up in the house. Thank you mom, Aunt Peggy and Aunt Mary Beth for planning everything - really looking forward to it.
- Mom (soon to be Nonna) got her new knees last week. She's doing really great making strides every day in rehab, and I'm so proud of how great she's done through the whole surgery and recovery process. A tough cookie. Soon she'll be chasing Baby B around and won't be stopped! Feeling very grateful.

No comments:
Post a Comment