Wednesday, May 15, 2013

My Second Mother's Day

So now that I've got all that off my chest... time for some recent photos (cast and all)!

I celebrated my second Mother's Day this weekend. I feel so fortunate to be a mommy to a such a fun, loving, adorable, and healthy little guy. Oh, and Dean too of course :)


Nolan has been teething like crazy lately - he is getting in his first molars. Unfortunately, that means more than normal night wake-ups. So after Joe took two middle of the night wakeups (and one the night before), I wouldn't let him also take the early wakeup with Nolan on Mother's Day. So Nolan and I had some nice one-on-one snuggle time Sunday morning watching Sesame Street and drinking milk sippy cups (ok, well Nolan was!) Joe woke up a few hours later and I went back to bed for a luxurious NAP!


When I came back downstairs, Joe started making us all yummy pancakes with fresh sliced fruit and maple syrup. Nolan loved the pancakes! 

Nothing stops this kid
After breakfast, Nolan was ready to nap (since he was up early!) so after he went down, I seized the opportunity to *gasp* go clothes shopping.... BY MYSELF! Ahhh, the things we take for granted pre-baby :) Lucky me, my husband was a self-proclaimed "Mr. Flomo" (aka my handyman) all day and cleaned while I was gone too!

Someone else trying to help clean!
After a nice time at the mall and finally getting some new work clothes, I came home to spend more time with my boys!

A scooting machine - cast or not... and he's FAST!
We took advantage of the gorgeous day (and remaining tulips in our front yard) for a quick photoshoot to document the day.

My Sweet Boy - he LOVES being outside

Loving sitting in the grass





Then after Joe was finished mowing the lawn in the back (and a quick outfit change for Nolan), we took some with Mommy :)






What a difference a year makes!

Mother's Day 2012

Mother's Day 2012
We capped off the day with Joe making some delicious steaks on the grill -yum! All in all it was a great day! It was nice to get a break from house work and get some me-time to do some shopping. Of course, I can't stay away from this guy for too long! He's always the highlight of my days....

Getting ready for our Memorial Day weekend trip to the beach!

Ohhhhh yeah!

Modeling pose

No comments:

Post a Comment