Last weekend we were SO excited to have our good friends Amy and Steve visit us from North Carolina! We finally got to meet their little boy, Owen, who is two months older than Nolan.
 |
| Owen! |
Nolan loved having a buddy around for a few nights and it was so much fun watching them play and interact.
 |
| Steve with the boys |
 |
| Having fun with Owen! |
You could definitely tell these boys were offspring of tough hockey players though - I got a hilarious series of "fighting" photos! Owen took full advantage of his size difference :)
 |
| Baby fight! |
However, most of the time spent together was peaceful! It was fun having Amy around who spent many years as an elementary school teacher as she comes up with such cool and creative ideas for the boys to play. Nolan absolutely loved making "soup" with Owen's play vegetables and our pots and spoons!
 |
| Making Soup - Owen makes sure Nolan gets a taste! |
 |
| Nolan playing long after Owen lost interest. Future chef? |
 |
| Owen showing off his advanced balancing skills! I was impressed! |
On Saturday, we attended yet another Duke alum's neighborhood in West Chester to celebrate her son's 4th Birthday (Philly is a hotspot for Duke Ph.D.'s apparently!) Everyone had fun and it was the first time Joe and I had gotten to see them since moving up here. The party was construction themed so Nolan got a cool goody bag with trucks and a fun hardhat to play with!
In case you can't tell, Nolan is really into hats lately. His daycare has a big bin for dressup and I've frequently come in to pick him up to find him wearing funny hats. I love his silly personality that is developing!
Another fun "toy" for all the kids was Dean! He is such a great dog and so tolerant. I think he likes the extra attention ;)
 |
| Lots of furry hugs! |
Before everyone left on Sunday, I tried to get the kids to sit together on the couch. After it was clear that wasn't going to happen, we had all moms step in to hold the kids. After many shots, here's the best one... it's not an easy thing to get 3 adults and 3 kids under 3 to look at the camera!
Nolan and Owen started getting pretty squirmy so this happened:
 |
| Isn't Nolan happy to have such a "fun" mom?? ;) |
We had such a blast seeing all our old buddies, and hope to remain in touch. I can't wait to watch the kids grow together. In the meantime we are soaking up every moment of our "baby Nolan"!
No comments:
Post a Comment