**Written July 22, 2014**
Last week we got our very first glance at our newest little one! The ultrasound was at 7weeks, 4 days and Baby B looked great. He/She had a strong heartbeat that we got to see blinking on the screen, and measured at 7 weeks, 6 days, confirming the due date as February 26th, 2015.
All my testing has come back looking great, so everything is on track so far - which I feel so very fortunate and lucky to say.
![]() |
| Our little baby "button" hanging out upside down! |
Following Baby #1's tradition, this ultrasound gave us the "go ahead" to start telling some close family members. My parents decided to come visit us for a daytrip this weekend, so I took advantage of seeing them in person to break the news. We had "Big Brother" Nolan deliver the message:
![]() |
| Surprise! |
I think they were pretty surprised! Although we had mentioned wanting to start trying for #2, I don't think anyone (including ourselves) was prepared for it to happen so fast! We had a really great time celebrating together and Nolan loved getting quality time with his Pop Pop and Nonna.
As for how I'm feeling, actually not nearly as bad as this stage of last pregnancy. While I do have a constant background nausea, it is much less severe and I haven't had as much food aversions. I do have to keep snacking during the day to keep the nausea at bay, but if this is as bad as it gets, I'll take it! I have felt some bouts of exhaustion as well - one Friday night I fell asleep before Nolan (8pm) and slept until 9am! Hopefully the worst is here and it is downhill as the 2nd trimester nears. This part of pregnancy was my absolute least favorite part last time!


No comments:
Post a Comment