Interrupting the Ireland posts for an important Baby B #2 update! We had the big 20 week anatomy Ultrasound last Friday and finally know if we're having a boy or a girl. We decided to make a fun box full of balloons (blue for boy and pink for girl) and let Nolan open it. The outside of the box says "Am I getting a brother or a sister?"
We sent the video of Nolan opening the box to friends and family. I'll let Nolan break the news:
It's a.... GIRL!
trying to get the balloons out.
"I need to help you, Mommy"
Joe re-enacting his excitement for the camera ;)
My turn!
Giving in and letting Nolan hold some of the balloons
Content
Happy to have the balloons!
Love this boy.
Can't wait to see this little boy become a big brother!
Our 20 week ultrasound went great. I was super nervous going in this time as I know too many sad stories now since last time I was pregnant. I honestly didn't care what the gender was as long as we had a healthy baby. We went over to Lankenau Hospital for the scan since it was more convenient to get a Friday afternoon appointment for Joe and Bryn Mawr was booked. We lucked out and got a pretty nice ultrasound tech who gave us lots of photos (I was determined to get this since we only got a measly 2 pictures from our 12 week scan). Baby B, for the first time in 2 pregnancies was in a good position and allowed the tech to easily get all the pictures she needed. To my extreme relief, all the measurements looked perfect and the tech was so confident that she sent us home without waiting to go over everything with the Dr on call who was in the OR. Here are a few photos of our daughter:
2D
3D
3D
Call me crazy, but I feel like I can already see a resemblance to Nolan from the 3D photos. It feels even more magical the 2nd time around because you know what a treat you are in for in all the special moments to come. Getting past this big milestone really helps things sink in, feel more real, and give me a kick in the butt to get nesting and ready for this BABY GIRL! We love you already, baby. Can't wait to meet you!
No comments:
Post a Comment