Here we go again! I had so much fun with
Nolan's monthly pictures (and still look at them all the time since I have them framed on the wall in the family room!) that I definitely wanted to continue the tradition with little Emilia. Of course, tie stickers wouldn't do for a little lady, so I chose onesie stickers with flowers for her. Instead of posing with curious George (which, in retrospect was PERFECT for Nolan since he is really into him now!), Emmy will be posing with the white "Build a Bear" Nolan made for her while I was still pregnant. Joe and I named her "Blanca" on her birth certificate at the store :)
Since the stickers I ordered included a "newborn and 1-3 week" stickers (but I got them after she was 1 week old), I took a few extra "practice" shots at 2 and 3 weeks. Sorry, nothing is edited/white balanced - I will probably do that at the end to make all the photos look like each other (and when I hopefully have more time!)
 |
| 2 week practice shot. Decided to ditch the extra white pillow and prop her up more so she could be more forward to the camera. |
A few of my favorite pictures from 2 weeks of her on the same white sheepskin rug as Nolan:
3 weeks was a sunnier day apparently! Much better lighting :)
 |
| Checking out her bear. |
 |
| Love this one <3 |
 |
| Decided to play with the f-stop settings. This one shows the birthmark on the bottom of her left foot. |
 |
| Little feet! |
 |
| Tummy time! |
 |
| Super strong at under a month old - already holding her head up! |
 |
| Wrinkly newborn forehead and wandering tongue :) |
And now for the "game day" photos that count! Emilia Caroline at ONE month!
I'm having a lot of fun looking back at how
Nolan looked at this age - this is the fun part of doing it the second time! Again, Emmy looks to have a fuller face and more hair. Her skin tone may be paler too (sorry girl! that's mama's genes!) The jury is still out on her eye color though. They both have those cute monkey feet! Love it!
 |
| Nolan (L), Emilia (R): 1 month old on chair. I love that they have similar poses! |
 |
| Nolan (L), Emilia (R): 1 month old on rug |
Also keeping with tradition, here are my favorite outtakes from Emmy's 1 month photoshoot:
 |
| Looking straight on, but a bit cross-eyed still! |
 |
| A wave hello or dismissal? |
 |
| Love the profile <3 |
I also wanted to get some photos of her with the special blanket my mom gave to me (she brought both my sister and I home from the hospital in it!) But, by this time, Emmy was done! Crying photos are funny in a way though ;)
 |
| Already using her hands like a true Italian woman ;) |
I'm so looking forward to adding to these this year! It's crazy to look at a year in a glance and how much they grow looking back through the photos. It's definitely worth the little bit of time to put aside each month to take the pictures. Love you already, baby girl. Can't wait to watch to grow :)
No comments:
Post a Comment