Monday, January 25, 2016

Emilia's Eleven Month Photoshoot

Well I'm currently stranded in Orlando during Blizzard Jonas for a few days. Unfortunately I'm not here for pleasure either - my Aunt Barbara passed away last week, and Emmy and I came down for her services. I flew down on Thursday and was supposed to fly back on Saturday, but it is now looking like early Tuesday instead! There are worse places to get stranded, and I get more family time out of the deal so it's not all bad, but I do miss Joe and Nolan a lot. I'm trying to make the most of my extra days and nights. Being quiet in a hotel room with a sleeping baby = optimal blogging time.

Here's some pictures of little Emilia at 11 months old.

11 months old and trying to scoot right off  the chair!
Only 1 more photo to go! So crazy that it's almost been a year! 

11 month Nolan and Emmy. Both scooting away!
Some fun chair outtakes:

Touchdown! 








On to the rug pictures!

11 month Emmy!

Love this girl and all of her expressions 
Worried Nolan, Happy Emmy.





Quilt Pictures:




Growing so fast! I think these may be my favorite of the photo collections





11 Month Emilia snapshot:

  • Sleep: I think we finally have gotten to the point where Emmy is getting more consistent in sleeping through the night. Although she often still wakes up a few times before we go to bed (typically between 9-11pm), she is now rarely waking up between midnight and 7am. I feel like I am slowly emerging from a zombie like state, but it will take awhile of this to fully become functional again :) She is still a terrible napper, both at school and home. We have resorted to putting her in the car on weekends to ensure she gets some semblance of a nap when all else fails (it's also a good way to force ourselves to get out and explore neighborhoods in Newtown and check out surrounding towns, which has been fun!)
  • Babbling: About the same as last month. Lots of "Snoopy"-like ramblings (It's a little dicey understanding these yanks!) as well as lots of dada, mamas, uh ohs, and the occasional "Dah or Dee" for Dean. I can't wait to see how she is going to pronounce Nolan. It would be amazing if "Nanu" was resurrected  ;)
  • Mobility: Emmy is still being stubborn and not really wanting to progress much into standing/walking. Typically she lifts her legs up or tries to fall down into a sitting position when you try to get her walking. We've had some progress in this area with Emmy taking a few steps while we are holding both her hands and really pushing her to go. I've also seen her stand leaning against me/furniture better lately. Her scooting keeps getting faster and faster and she's starting to look like a little monkey pounding the ground with her hands! She has also learned to sit up from a very leaned back position (almost laying flat) and loves to spin in circles by moving her legs around while sitting (Nolan also did this!) It's adorable!
  • Teeth: we're up to four with more seemingly on their way. She's got the bottom two all the way in and two top teeth that broke through her gum and are now making their way fully out. She's a master chewer regardless of lack of teeth and loves mashing everything she can get her hands on! 
  • Likes: She loves practicing new things she's learned like waving bye bye, clapping, pointing, shaking her head (no), and nodding her head (yes) (but i don't think she knows what they mean!), practicing talking/making high pitch sounds, yelling (loudly!), eating everything and anything (favorites include peas, black beans, chicken, tortellini, meatballs, dumplings, etc), her brother and trying to grab/play with everything he's into, scooting, laughing and smiling :)
I can't believe we are less than 2 weeks away from having a 1 year old in our house. It feels in some ways like the year has flown by, in others that she's always been a part of our family, and in other ways the longest year of our life (the moving/changes haven't helped!) Nevertheless, we are in love with our little girl and are so happy to have her in our lives!



No comments:

Post a Comment