Friday, June 23, 2017

Easter 2017

Poor Easter Bunny couldn't improve on his 50% success rate of last year

Easter was later this year - in mid April. We had such a fun day! We started off the day with Easter baskets and an Easter egg hunt at home followed by a family party at Nonna and Pop Pop's house including another Easter egg hunt with the Easter bunny :)

The Easter Bunny visited our new house!

Emmy's basket theme was Minions - her current favorite characters :)

Nolan had the superhero themed basket
She didn't stop holding "Kevin" all morning!


A very batman Easter :)

Learning to read books - Lego Batman and PJ Masks

Minion Egg

Moana! His first movie he saw in the theater. It has been now claimed by Emmy :)

The cool kids table sporting their new super hero shades (Wonder Woman and Batman)

Cool cases for the sunnies


After lunch, it was time for the Easter Egg hunt in the backyard! I loved having a big enough yard for this this year! Kids dressed in their Easter finest. Loved this dress on Emmy - especially with the chuck taylors <3







To keep it even, each kid had themed eggs. Nolan had avengers and Emmy had frozen. When they found the eggs for the other person they gifted it to them <3

Avengers egg!

Giving the frozen egg to Emmy


She found one!


One for Nolan


After the hunt, it was time to head over to Nonna and Pop Pop's! The kids absolutely love going there. Ever since I was little, my Aunt Peggy would dress up as the Easter Bunny (probably the same costume!) and do the Easter Egg hunt with the kids. It is amazing to see her continue the tradition with the next generation <3

The Easter Bunny!
 My parents recently got a swing set in the backyard so the kids love playing on it when visiting! Plus, this time they had older cousins to play with too!

This girl is so athletic! She's scaling the ladder dress and all.

Full swingset!

Slide Smiles


I loved watching her join in with the older girls. She loves being around them.

Waiting out the little bit of rain before the hunt started

This could be one of the funniest photos I've ever captured. I was about to take her photo when she tripped and fell on her face and I captured it just at the exact moment! She jumped off and wiped up her dress like no big deal, but the photo is just classic.

I'm good mom.

Time for the hunt! Checking out some eggs hidden by the barn.


Easter bunny helping out the hunt.


I love this girl so hard. Thanking my lucky stars for the Pappas sisters. 

Nothing says Easter like.... pinatas?!

exploding confetti eggs! Aunt Lauren is such a good sport.

Everyone gets to egg Aunt Lauren!

Aunt Peggy's turn!
Eating some candy from their spoils!

What an amazing day! I feel so lucky to have so much love and family in my life. Holidays seriously keep getting better and better with kids.

Ending with my favorite series of the kids so far:


No comments:

Post a Comment