Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Family Photos 2017 & Christmas Card

I was on the fence whether we should do professional photos in 2017 after we got a pretty comprehensive photoshoot last Fall . I did want something festive for our Christmas Cards though, and although we've successfully shot our own photos for cards in 2012 and 2013, I opted to look into "mini sessions" that are 15min and provide a few photos - more simple and cheaper! We found our photographer, Rachel, through recommendations and were super happy with the results. I was nervous at first because she was SO efficient - the shoot was advertised as 20min in length and we were there maybe 10min tops. The day was very cold and windy - we actually lost power that morning and almost had to cancel because we couldn't take showers/get ready without it, but it came back on just in time! We had the photoshoot in a local Christmas Tree farm, which was a pretty backdrop for holiday cards. Thankfully we had pre-planned a "bundled" layered Christmas look for our clothing, which was perfect with the cold weather. The kids were amazingly cooperative, which was my worry with such a short timing for pictures. We rewarded them with donuts after ;)

Here's some of our favorite photos and the end result Christmas Card for 2017!











Gingerbread cookies as a treat from the Photographer. 

Our card: 



No comments:

Post a Comment