Big week - my first obstetric visit is this Tuesday! It was hard trying to figure out where to go since we just moved up here and we don't know where we'll be living for the duration of the pregnancy. After some research, I decided to pick a place closer to where we want to live because there are more choices there and better hospitals. I did a ton of research on MD's and called a place ready to request a particular doctor only to be told that the 1st visit is with a Nurse Practitioner, so that wasn't necessary just yet.
From my reading, the first visit is the longest of the pregnancy, so I wanted to have it before I started work so as not to take off a day so early after starting. That means I had to schedule my appointment for next week! The only down side is that Joe can't make it since they did not have any openings on Fri afternoon (he has summer hours and gets out early on Fridays). Apparently nothing really "exciting" is going to happen so he shouldn't miss too much. It's too early to hear a heartbeat or do an ultrasound.
It will be exciting to get a confirmation from a doctor and a better idea of the due date. I found a more detailed calculator on line (that included cycle length) which put me at April 23rd - so there is almost a week difference. I think after the appointment things will feel more "real" because I don't really feel pregnant now so it's hard for things to really sink in!
No comments:
Post a Comment