Yup. To the (North) East side. Living up to the famous quote, "The only constant in life is change", we certainly have had our fair share over the past few months. After nearly EIGHT (wow, I feel old...) years of living in North Carolina, we've packed up and left that beautiful state and all our dear friends to return to the North East. Philadelphia to be exact.
When in High School I developed strong feelings towards how I felt about certain parts of the country. There were 3 things I knew: #1 I would not live below the Mason Dixon Line (hence all of my college choices were in the North East), #2 I hated Philadelphia due to their annoying and (in my opinion) misguided love of their sports teams, and #3 I wanted nothing to do with Texas.
SO, here we are 10+ years later and I have lived almost 1/3 of my life in the Southern state of North Carolina, and am now planning on "settling down" in Philly. 2 out of 3 ain't bad?
Durham, North Carolina: Our home for almost 8 Years.
Philadelphia, PA: Our new home!
I'm not going to lie, the move wasn't easy, and we still don't feel "settled" as we are currently house hunting and living temporarily in a pre-furnished corporate apartment in an area that we don't plan on staying in long-term. But, many things are justifying our move up here. My husband got an amazing job offer right out of business school, and I just received accepted a job offer that was my #1 choice while searching. This will be the first time we both are working at the same time (one of us was always in school while the other worked), and my first real "grown-up" job. Yup, pretty much put that off for as long as possible...
There are so many things to reflect upon during this change-filled part of our lives that I've decided to start this blog to document this time (mostly for myself, but bonus if others enjoy as well). Houses, jobs, expanding our family, here we come!

No comments:
Post a Comment