Thursday, March 8, 2012

32 weeks!

Another busy, but fun week chock full of baby-related events!
House Divided for the Duke/UNC game! Baby B has no choice but to wear Duke Blue with mom :)


Last thursday, March 1st, we had our 32 week ultrasound. We had it at Bryn Mawr hospital, where we will be delivering (the previous ones were at Lankenau), and liked the set-up much better as it looks as it had been recently renovated. Of course, Baby B was uncooperative YET AGAIN and did not provide great photo opps for the technician or doctor. This time, though, he was head down, which he will probably stay for the duration of the pregnancy. He was was also back facing, which, while great for delivery, is not so great for ultrasound photos, so all the photos of his cardiac anatomy were taken through his back looking between his ribs.

Baby B's cute little face. I wonder who he looks like?!
Hand covering mouth
Hand under chin. Little eyelashes.
Sucking Thumb maybe?
Hand under chin.
The good news is that everything they can see looks perfectly normal. We also checked and verified that, yes, he still is a boy! :)

All Boy.

We do have to go back for an additional follow-up ultrasound as my placenta is still "low lying". Ideally, you want at least 2cm distance between the cervix and placenta, and mine was closer to 1.5cm. However, it was really hard to measure because baby's head is RIGHT up against the end of the placenta. So they want to keep an eye on this, and hopefully get better shots next time if he's in a better position. I'm supposed to come back in 4 weeks, when I'm 36weeks along - I can't believe I'll almost be full-term then. Fingers crossed that everything checks out ok, and I still have a chance at vaginal delivery. But in the end, I'm really ok with whatever it takes to end up with a healthy kiddo (and mom!)

In other news, we finished painting Baby B's closet, and we absolutely love it! It's so fun bright and fun. I can't wait to finish the rest of the nursery and am very anxious for the furniture to arrive. It should come sometime this month, hopefully sooner rather than later. Then I can put the finishing touches up :)

Pop of lime green in Baby B's closet.


Baby B's closet PRE-shower. Wait until the after photo for all the clothes we received!

Friday was Deaner's 2nd birthday! We got him a special treat... a green beer dog cookie! He also got a beer cookie last year - that's what happens when your birthday is around St. Patty's Day :) He really enjoyed it, and I got to play around with my new 50mm Camera Lens.
Happy Birthday Deaner!

He's mastered the "wait" command.

Time to eat!

Or maybe just lick the icing off first...

Yummmm!

Crunch! :)

Last, but definitely not least, we had my baby shower in my hometown on Saturday! It was a huge turnout and we needed 2 cars to transport all the gifts home. This event deserves it's own post, but I do want to say I'm very touched and grateful to have so much support in my life as Joe and I enter this new chapter. Our baby is certainly loved by many already.
End of the Shower photo. Happy Couple! :)


32 week belly shot!
32 weeks.


As far as how I'm feeling, I am definitely feeling the extra weight and slowing down more. It doesn't help that the baby is right on top of my cervix and recently I've been getting sharp stabbing pains in that area when I walk. I talked with the nurse practicioner today and she checked my cervix, but no signs of thinning, softening, or opening (thank God - it's way too early for that!) so she thinks the pain is related to the muscles around the uterus stretching as the baby moves down. She did not seem concerned, and suggested I cut down on the amount of time on my feet if it's uncomfortable. I think I'll be taking it easy from here on out. No other complaints otherwise - no swelling, no back pain, no problems sleeping, no constantly having to pee. Pretty lucky I'd say!



Stay tuned for more about the shower and pics!


No comments:

Post a Comment