Tuesday, March 20, 2012

34 weeks - nesting, nesting, nesting.

6 weeks until my due date! Time to get our booties in gear! The thought of baby possibly coming early has gotten me moving to get "the essentials" in order asap. There were no doc visits or any milestones this week, but we have been productive in purchasing most of the "must have's" before baby gets here.

This weekend was a nice mix of friends coming to visit, and baby nesting. On Friday night, Lauren P came to visit and we had a nice relaxing evening of pizza and college basketball. Even though Duke became only the 6th team in history to lose to a 15th seed in the first round, we still managed to have a fun night :) Saturday morning we tried a new breakfast place in Wayne that was really yummy! nice to know a good place to get breakfast around here. Right after breakfast and a tour of the area we swapped Lauren P for Lauren V - I love being close enough for NJ friends come and visit!

Lauren V and I decided to "get crafty"on Saturday, and headed off to AC Moore to purchase some craft paper, frames, and glue to make some art for Baby B's nursery. We used some images (like below) for inspiration on Etsy (sold for 15-25 a piece!) and recreated our own versions for a fraction of the price.

Here are some inspiration photos I pinned on pinterest:
Robot art on Etsy
nursery art made from scrapbook paper

and here are our creations!
Rocket and Alien Spaceship

Whale and Fish

Funky Robot

I think they came out great and I can't wait to hang everything up once baby B's furniture finally gets here! I'm hoping to get a phone call about that this week.

Here are the other 2 framed pieces that will go on the gallery wall. I have one more to frame and will round everything out with a few pieces of DIY graphic art... so excited to see them all together on the wall!



Sunday was a big errand day for Joe and I. First we took Dean to the vet to get him up to date with all his vaccines before baby B gets here. I asked about any advice to prepare him for the new addition, but after seeing his demeanor and knowing his breed makeup being mostly golden retriever both the vet and tech assured us we wouldnt really have to worry - he'd do great. I know he'll be a great big brother and can't wait to watch his relationship with our son grow over the years :)

Afterwards, Joe and I headed over to Babys R Us and completed our registry of the essentials. We were thankful for all the giftcards we received at the shower and feel very stocked now! We just need to organize, put together, and wash everything. There are still some purchases to make from amazon as well, but I'm starting to feel better about having everything in order. I'd like to install the car seats in the next week or two as that is essential to have ready before baby arrives!


At 34 weeks, pregnancy is definitely getting harder. All in all, it is still easier than I had envisioned though. Now I've started dealing with some ankle swelling at the end of the day - I try to relax when I get home from work with my feet up. I also have been starting to get some sleeping-related problems, which I've been extremely lucky to avoid up until now. It's just harder to move around to adjust and get comfortable at night and a big production to switch sides to sleep on. No huge problem, but frustrating when you constantly have everyone telling you to "sleep while you still can before baby arrives!"Still dealing with the occasional "cervical" sharp pain every once in awhile too so I'm avoiding long periods of time on my feet and walking. I can't believe the home stretch is really here!

Here's my 34 week belly shot:



This week is a bit more eventful - we visited our 2nd pediatrician last night night and think we've made a choice in that area. I also have my 35wk OB appointment this Thursday at which point I'll be seen weekly. Next thursday is my 36wk ultrasound - anxious to see how things have progressed with the low lying placenta and hopeful to get more baby face shots :)

No comments:

Post a Comment