![]() |
| 3/26/12 - one month until my due date! |
This week we had 2 baby-related appointments. First was our 2nd "information night" at a pediatrician's office. It's funny to be put into a waiting room with 10 other expecting couples and being fed information/advice all at once. The doctor that met with us in this practice was very... "old school" for lack of a better description. He came off as preachy at times and had strong opinions on many subjects. Joe and I weren't fans. True, it's not fair to base an entire practice on one doctor, but we may have to see him at times, and there were other benefits of the other practice (24hr nurse triage hotline, affiliation with the top children's hospital in the area, etc) that made the choice obvious. Another check mark done!
My 35wk doctor's appointment was Thursday. I've acquired a few more complaints in the 2 weeks since my last appointment (swollen calves/ankles by days end, difficulty getting comfortable/sleeping at night) but all normal parts of pregnancy that honestly I'm lucky to not have experienced until now. The doctors are going to keep an eye on my blood pressure after hearing about the swelling, which has been completely normal before this week. This time the systolic number was slightly elevated when I first was measured (diastolic was completely normal), but when they had me lay on my left side for a few minutes and re-measured, both were normal again. Not sure if it was just because of my busy morning with a lot of things on my mind or what, but regardless at 35weeks they start seeing you every week, so they'll keep an eye on things. I scheduled my next 4 weekly appointments - all the way up to my delivery date - I can't believe it's so close!
![]() |
| Hi baby!! We can't wait to meet you! :) |
This week I'll have my followup 36wk ultrasound to check on my low lying placenta (and maybe get to catch Baby B facing forwards for once for best photos). The same day, I'll have my next doctor's appointment. I guess I'll have a good idea if I'm at risk at all for a c-section due to this condition after then. Fingers crossed.
This past weekend was full of more nesting/final preparations for Baby B. We put together a few more baby items, installed the car seat bases in both our cars, and washed all the newborn and 0-3month clothes as well as all the baby blankets/sheets/towels. Our furniture is finally being delivered tomorrow and I am SO excited to finally have the nursery start looking like a nursery! It will be so fun to put away all the clothes and hang all the little items I've been working on around the room. We also got an estimate to fence in our backyard. We'd love to have this accomplished soon so that we can let Deaner out and not try to fit in several walks a day with him while we have our hands full with Baby B. Unfortunately, the quote we received was, in our opinion, astronomically high for how small our backyard is... so we'll be calling a few other places for more prices. Hopefully we'll get this figured out soon!
This week is sure to fly by (not that the others haven't...) - I will be attending a 2 day training course in NJ on Wed/Thurs for work. I was a bit worried staying overnight away from home so close to my due date, but I'm going with another coworker, who will be driving, and we'll only be about 1.5hrs away from my hospital. I got the green light from my doctor so hopefully everything will go smoothly! Fri will be the big ultrasound/dr's appointments.
Lots going on, but we're making progress on all fronts! Can't wait to put an update with the new furniture! :)
35 week belly!
![]() |
| 35 weeks |



No comments:
Post a Comment