Sunday, May 13, 2012

First Mother's Day

Today is my first mother's day as a mom! It felt very special spending it with my own little family.

First Mother's Day
We had a really great day. Joe surprised me this morning with 2 cards - one from him and one from Nolan, and a special blue box unmistakably from Tiffany's. The necklace is gorgeous, simply elegant, and very me - a silver daisy with Nolan's birthstone (a diamond) in the middle. Love it (and I'm wearing it in these photos).

We also had a very special visitor in the morning - Kate Woo! Kate was Emily's little brother in their co-ed honors fraternity, and has become one of my best friends over the years since her passing. I love introducing Nolan to all his "Aunties" that were close to Emily and can give him a sense of her spirit as he grows.

Auntie Woo!
Joe made us all breakfast - yum! We had a really nice time catching up and giving lots of Nolan cuddles :)

Goofing around with Nolan


In the afternoon after Kate left, we took advantage of the gorgeous day and packed the boys (Dean included) into the car to head off to a local park for a little hike. Nolan loves to ride in the Ergo front carrier and slept the entire hike (snoring included!) Dean had a great time and loves to be included in family walks :)


"Mommy rocks!" onesie
We returned home for a relaxing dinner and more snuggles. A wonderful mother's day, and I feel very grateful and blessed. Happy Mother's day to all out there, especially all my many friends who are also celebrating their first one. Of course, Happy Mother's day to my own Mama as well - I strive every day to provide the love to my son that she provided, and still provides for me to this day. I have big shoes to fill. Love you mama - you are already an amazing Nonna to Nolan!

Motherly love




2 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS!!! I need to make a trip myself!
    -Auntie Meghan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Auntie Meghan! Yes, you must visit asap! I'm on maternity leave until early July so I'm available whenever you can make it up. Nolan is already asking about you!! ;)

    ReplyDelete