My little baby is 1 month old!
 |
| Our little executive :) |
I knew I wanted to do something for monthly photos to see how Nolan grows month to month for the first year (and possibly beyond!) There are tons of different ideas I've seen for this - photos in front of pretty fabric (like
here) or on top of a calendar (like
here) or in a chair (
here). I liked the chair idea, and keeping something for a measure of scale. I looked through the stuffed animals we've been given (and there'a A LOT), but it was pretty obvious what the choice had to be: Curious George.
 |
| Nolan's first month photo with Curious George |
You see, Curious George has a sort of history with our family. Emily and I LOVED him growing up, and Emily had a small Curious George doll that she took photos with while traveling. It was a big memory of our trip together to Ireland: we took photos of him everywhere!
Evidence (there are better shots, but i'm too lazy to get out my external hard drive!):
 |
| Tour bus in Dublin with Curious George |
 |
| Blurry photo of us with Curious at the Cliffs of Moher |
... so in this way "Auntie Em" (I always told her that my kids would call her that, which she pretended to be annoyed by a la Wizard of Oz) is a part of Nolan's monthly photos. I'm sure I'll find even more ways to incorporate her in his life as time goes on. For now, I have a fabulous view of the Lane Stadium at Sunset framed photo hanging in our hallway from the gliding chair in Nolan's room that I bought for her graduation present. I know she's looking over us.
But back to Nolan. I plan on taking these photos with him and Curious George on the glider in his room every month so we can watch him grow! I bought cute tie stickers to attach to his onesie from etsy. I'll also take some good portait shots like the first photo in this post. By his first birthday, I can put all the photos in a coffee table-style book as a wonderful keepsake! For now, I'm trying hard to live in the present and appreciate every moment I have with him because I know it will all pass so quickly. It is easy to get overwhelmed, but living in the present helps.
Happy One Month Birthday Nolan!!
I'll close with some outtakes :)
No comments:
Post a Comment