Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Candy Cane Hunt

We are really enjoying our new community of Newtown, PA. It is so refreshing to live in a town that has a strong identity and community that supports it. There are tons of young families here, and community events seemingly every weekend. I have quickly plugged in, signing up for emails from the local patch and township and am amazed by all the activities going on!

One that intrigued us to sign up was the local Candy Cane Hunt. It is exactly like an easter egg hunt, but with candy canes. It also happened to be at the park right next to our townhome so we walked there! Doesn't get much better than that! It was FREE (you had to pre-register and be a township resident) and so much fun! Nolan received a really cute elves hat, and packet with a bag for the hunt. The parents were all roped off and Santa came to kick off the event. I thought Nolan may be hesitant, but he jumped right in and got a ton of candy canes!

Waiting for the hunt to start!

Nolan in his new elf hat

Emmy all bundled up as a spectator

Nolan lining up on the other side of the fence ready to go



Ant they're off! Nolan is right in the center of the pic and running!

Checking out his loot - lots of candy canes!

Happy kid!




He even talked to Santa - what a brave boy!
 After the hunt, there was free refreshments in the gazebo, complete with candy cane shaped pretzels - adorable! There was also hot chocolate and lots of free baked goods. What a wonderful event! The kids all played in the big playground for awhile, then we walked home.

Elf with his candy cane pretzel
 I'm loving this place, and am ready to put some long term roots down. I am so looking forward to purchasing a home in the new year and finally ready to commit to a house to stay in for awhile. Both times we bought the previous two houses, we knew they would only be temporary, so this will be a great feeling to be able to settle down! I have also been so impressed with the families here. Both times I've recently gone to the nearby park, I've been approached by other moms to talk and when I have mentioned that we've just moved here they have wanted to exchange numbers to hang out and offered to help with anything. It seems it will be easy to build a great network of friends here and there's so much to do! I'm so glad all the pain of moving is paying off.

Happy girl watching the action and next year she'll be participating too!

No comments:

Post a Comment