Continuing with the trend of posting the previous month's photoshoot right before I take the next one, here are Emilia's 10 month photos :)
These photos mark the first of the ones in our rental town house. I'm sad that the photos will not look the same through her whole year, but with the same chair and curtains, it isn't too different. Unfortunately, I think our monthly stickers got put in a box that went into storage as I couldn't find them! So this month she has no sticker, but I was able to re-order the same stickers for the last 2 months at least.
 |
| Emilia Caroline - 10 months in our Newtown PA town house |
 |
| Two months to go! |
 |
| 10 month photos - Nolan vs Emilia |
This month was particularly scary with Emmy constantly trying to "scoot" off the chair during the photoshoot. I had to run across the room take a few quick shots, then push her back in the chair, repeat!
 |
| I really want to scoot off the chair! |
 |
| Devious smile! |
 |
| Chatty girl! |
Luckily Emmy's new room has lots of light so I was able to continue the shots on the floor with good results.
 |
| Pretty girl! |
 |
| 10 months of Emmy |
 |
| 10 months - Nolan vs Emilia |
Finally, the photos on my baby blanket. I picked this one because you can see her two "bunny teeth" on the bottom - which are still her only teeth!
 |
| I love to eat, but only have two teeth! |
 |
| So many expressions over 10 months! |
10 month Emilia Snapshot:
- Sleep: This has sort of been all over the place, but overall I'd say we are trending in the right direction. There was a decent amount of nights that she either did not wake at all or she cried just a little and fell back asleep herself. There were also a good mix of nighttime wake ups, but I'd say most were 1-2 wake ups. There were also the occasional awful nights mixed in with tons of wake ups and also not easily back down... Hopefully we'll continue to get more and more in the first category and not the latter ones!
- Babbling: Emmy is babbling more and more! We joke that she sounds like Snoopy talking (we've been watching a lot of "Bon Voyage, Charlie Brown" where he talks to the cab driver in London!) Although she's been babbling "dada" for awhile now, I'm going to call her first directed word as "Uh oh!" She says it very clearly and with meaning when she drops things now. I do think she's trying to say other words and imitate us as well. She's said "mama" and made "nnn" sounds and "Deee" sounds for nolan and Dean, but we're not quite there with clear words for those.
- Mobility: It seems like Emmy will be sticking with the butt scooting technique as she shows no real interest in progressing into more typical crawling - she gets around great without it! But I'm expecting, like with Nolan, that this will mean delayed pulling up/cruising since it is harder to do from your butt than from your knees. I've been trying to get her to stand/push her walker, but she love to hold up her legs to resist standing so she can go back to scooting! Guess she'll just progress on her own schedule :)
- Teeth: Still just the two bottom ones, although just last night (a week from turning 11 months) I noticed the tip of one of her top front teeth peeking through her gum (maybe that explains some of the recent night wake ups!)
- Food: Emmy pretty much will eat anything and everything these days. We give her most table foods now and she has been doing great. The only thing she doesn't love is touching slimy things to eat (mostly fruits like bananas, strawberries, peaches, etc), but she will eat them if fed by spoon. She inhales pouches in record time! We started introducing some formula in at 9 months, but I'm still breastfeeding when I can - mostly morning, evening, and night with a pump session in the afternoon. She has had no problem going from bottle to breast, which has been great.
- Demeanor: Everyone comments on how happy a baby Emmy is out in public! She really loves to be out and about and not so much stuck at home all day (in other words, she's exactly like me!) She is easily amused while out and has minimal complaints! She still does great in the car, and often times we plan outings so she can nap in there during her nap time. She's learned to wave hello and goodbye as well as clap her hands. She loves exploring on the ground or being held by mommy, and still shows separation anxiety/crying when I have to drop her off at school or hand her off to anyone.
- Growing: We've officially broke into the 18 mo clothing this month! This girl is growing so fast - i keep looking down at her long legs and wondering how that happened!! The first year of life is an amazing thing to witness, but also feels enveloped in a foggy haze due to sleep deprivation. While I'm sad my baby is getting so big, I wholeheartedly will welcome more sleep into my life!
Happy 10 months, Emilia! You are loved and the perfect addition to our family. Nolan's favorite thing to draw right now is his family, and Emmy is always drawn right there by his side <3
No comments:
Post a Comment