Thursday, July 5, 2012

Scenes from Thirteen Weeks

Nolan turned 13 weeks and 3 months on the same day! I've split this momentous occasion into 2 blog posts - one for his photoshoot, one for a weekly update.

13 weeks old!

This past week marked the last few days of my maternity leave and first 2 days of work. The last few days of maternity leave was made up of LOTS of mommy and Nolan snuggle time...


Soaking up all the snuggles
Who loves snuggles?? We do!

Me and the boys my last week at home
Snuggler in prime snuggle attack position :)
Snuggle closeup!



Other events this week included babysitting Abby (my friend Mike's 3 year old) for a few hours while he went to a job interview, a trip to the mall so mommy could pick up some new work outfits (I was happy to find out I fit back into all my work pants though!! Hooray!), and a visit from Faryn and her mom.

Heading to the mall with Mr Toutou
Mommy and Nolan on her last workday of maternity leave (taken by Faryn)
The weekend before I headed back to work included Nonna coming and getting set up for her Nanny gig and watching the UEFA Championship with a differing opinion on who should win...

House Divided: Azzure v Roja
Ok, we got crushed, but it was still fun that we both had the jerseys :)

Nolan got decked out in his Linen sailor outfit that Nonna gave him to welcome her to our house! This gave me an excuse for a mini photoshoot...






Hi Nonna!

Dean approved

Nonna time!

Sweet boy

Then Monday came. I showed my mom where everything was around the house, tried to think of every useful tip to tell her... then ripped the bandaid off as fast as I could and ran out of the house before too many tears fell. The first day was by the far the hardest - everyone at work asking how I was managing only made me more teary. Then I realized I survived, my mom took excellent care of Nolan, and that I could relax. Plus she sends me sweet photos like these every day:



Sleeping in his swing 
Having fun with Nonna!

How can those not brighten up your day?? GSK is pretty family friendly, and their lactation room is great and equipped with a private entrance with keycode, gliders, magazines, fridge, and sink. I try to pump 2x/day once at 11am and then at 3pm or so. Nolan's been taking the bottle and sleeping great for Nonna, which makes me feel much better about the transition.

Such a great baby!

Stay tuned for the 3 month photoshoot...


No comments:

Post a Comment