Here I am being a true mommy and blogging about my child at 2:30am! Actually I am up all night working on my foundation slideshow and realized I should also take the time to catch up on blog posts. Hopefully life will slow down a bit once the foundation dinner is over next week.
In the meantime, life is flying by and my little boy is getting bigger and bigger with each passing day! He is seemingly learning something new daily and now has so much better hand/eye coordination. He can reach out and grasp/manipulate toys now, which opens up a whole new world of playtime! We set up his exersaucer now and over the course of a week or 2 went from 2 books underneath so his feet can touch to none!
Nolan in his exersaucer
His favorite toys are still his feet though! Especially when he is laying on his back.
Lovin' his feet!
Feet in the air!
Clothing change means time for feet playing!
Nolan continues to do great at daycare. It's still hard for me to drop him off some days because I wish I could have him and work somehow, but he seems to be having a great time.
Man in the Mirror
He also started bringing home art work! I know he barely has any hand in making it, but I still get ridiculously excited when I see it hanging up for us to take home. I've been pinning some ideas of what to do with it all on pinterest, including taking digital photos to make a coffee table book, as well as creative wall hangings.
Nolan's first art work sent home and I think this one is frame worthy!
Modeling his art work!
Another Nolan Masterpiece!
Last 2 week "themes" of daycare have been "Seattle" (concluding the Western US theme), then "Post camp week" which is the last week of summer camp for the older kids before school/fall starts after labor day.
My favorite time of the weekday, hands down, are evenings after work on the deck with Nolan. When I get home, I usually put Nolan in the Moby wrap to take Dean on a walk, then we all hang out on the deck while it is still light out before dinner. Nolan loves being outside and is always content sitting outside - I find it very relaxing and peaceful after a day of work.
Outdoor buddy!
Cutie Pie
More pictures mommy?
Evenings on the deck with Nolan
On the deck with Nolan
Sometimes we go into the yard and swing!
Some random photos from this week (I can't stop myself from taking photos pretty much daily...)
Cutie in a hoodie!
I love his eyelashes
Modeling some of the Olympic swag mommy and daddy brought home
"Bashful smile" with hands in the mouth
On the horizon - solid food! We are all stocked and ready to start. From what I've read, breastmilk is the best thing for him still, so trying to push solids closer to 6 months than 4. I think we'll start sometime within the next week or 2. Rice cereal mixed with breast milk first, then oatmeal.
Solid foods soon!
Mommy's "Chomp a Saurus!"
Quality time with Daddy:
Daddy and me
Classic fist to mouth pose
close up!
My loves
BFFs forever
More Random shots:
Sleepyhead
Adorable overalls (thanks Kate Woo!)
Ducky hooded towel post-bath
Hi Mommy!
Cuddle buddy!
Hokie Gear. Bumbo seat.
Other happenings:
Nolan and I took a quick overnight trip to NJ last weekend to introduce him to his Aunties Lauren and Danielle and to attend a baby shower. Traveling wasn't the best - I didn't time the trips right, so he was napping before we got in the car then was awake and cranky for most of the ride. Lesson learned.
Aunt Lauren
With his aunts. Lots of love.
Getting lots of attention as the only baby at a baby shower
Nolan also had another big first: his first Penn State football weekend! He was all decked out for the occasion.
Nolan's game day face (thanks for the adorable jersey onesie, Elise and Theresa!)
Unfortunately, the Nittany Lions couldn't pull this one out. They may be in for more than a few bad years, but hopefully by the time Nolan can remember things, they'll be competitive again :)
Pre-game photo
College football buddies re-united! Teaching the next generation how it's done.
How's that for a rambling now 3am post? Today is now Nolan's 5th month birthday, and a VERY special Aunt's 28th birthday. That means the morning brings a big photo shoot and an annual hiking tradition. Hopefully I'm up for it!
No comments:
Post a Comment