Well, when we're not visiting the pumpkin patch or forcing Nolan into making gross faces by feeding him new foods, there's a lot of little details of life to report. Our last glimpse at "under 6 month old" Nolan.
Sleeping Babe
I actually don't have a ton of iphone photos from these 2 weeks - guess life has been pretty hectic. There's been a serious lack of sleep happening lately. Maybe something to do with our little guy just cutting his SECOND tooth already! We've got an early teether on our hands.
My best (failed) attempt to get a photo of Nolan's tooth.
His first tooth isn't all the way in yet, and the second just broke through his gum so it's hard to capture, but they are his two front teeth on the bottom. Melt my heart, they are adorable.
Other news, we officially have a fenced in back yard!
Dean's paradise
Dean loves it out there and even got to play with his buddies Sandbox and Dogbert (Kevin and Virginia's dogs) last weekend when Kevin and Cylar were over for some football watching. It's been great to be able to come home and just let him out instead of lugging around Nolan in the baby carrier for walks when I'm not in the mood (read: lately i've been TIRED). It is also pretty nice with bad weather.
We have been loving the cooler fall weather so far. Makes for some pretty adorable baby outfits:
Bundled up
Daycare is even getting into the fall spirit:
Nolan's Cubby at Daycare
A glimpse into life these days:
Post bath smile (this is the faces I have to make to get him to smile for the camera... such a mom)
Nolan "superman-ing" aka working on his lower back muscles
The above photo is a commonplace these days. Nolan still hasn't mastered the flip from front to back. Instead he prefers to either do a push up to hold his head up, or "superman" flailing his arms everywhere (most of the time accompanied by groaning noises...) Not sure what is up with this, but he's going to have some killer lower back muscles!
Nolan in his exersaucer
Nolan absolutely loves both his excersaucer and jumperoo. We call him DJ Nolan in his exersaucer because he loves "mixing" the 3 song choices by pressing the buttons into some pretty cool mashups. He jumps like crazy in his jumperoo: below.
Dean is never far away and always wants to be in on the action.
How lucky am I? My three boys. So handsome!
Silly time with Daddy.
We had my GSK co-worker Shelby and her family over for dinner this past weekend. I worked with Shelby at GSK in North Carolina, but we both moved to Pennsylvania. She nominated me for the GSK Golden Ticket Olympics trip, and I am so grateful for her thinking of me. It was truly a trip of a lifetime. She, her husband, and three children are so sweet. Her kids loved Nolan and Dean.
Shelby and her kids Joelle, Maya, and Josh with Nolan
I'll have to do another solid food update after this week. Nolan still hates rice cereal, and will tolerate Oatmeal, but we're on to bigger and better things. This weekend I bought fresh veggies and made my own baby food! I roasted Butternut Squash and Sweet Potatoes in the oven and steamed some fresh English Peas for the purees. I actually think they taste great, so hopefully Nolan agrees and we start developing our little guy to be an adventurous eater - it's a lofty goal, but we'll see what happens. Sweet Potatoes are on the schedule for tonight!
Freshly prepared Baby Food
Our little guy will be celebrating his HALF BIRTHDAY this week - I can't believe it! We'll have lots to report as we'll have his next photoshoot and 6 month doctor's appointment this week. I'm curious to see his stats - I think he's definitely "tall" for his age as he's already well into his 6-9month clothes, and I've noticed his measurably chunkier legs so I'm hoping for some gains. He's still 100% breastfed, so I will be making it to the 6 month mark which was recommended by the American Pediatric Association! I'm very proud of this achievement as it is a big effort, especially for a working mom. We'll see where to go from here, but I will be at least supplementing soon as my freezer stash is dwindling since he's eating more than I'm putting in daily.
No comments:
Post a Comment