Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Solids Part II: Sweet Potato and Butternut Squash

Nolan has moved past cereals and into veggie purees. 



Unfortunately, he's still not a fan of any of the solids we've tried. First up was homemade pureed baked sweet potato. Mommy thought it was delicious. Little boy... not so much.



We keep trying to see if he changes his mind, and have daycare give it a shot too. So far... no dice.


On to roasted butternut squash (also mommy approved!)


Hates it. Refusing the spoon.

No more.

So traumatized

Not a happy camper.

Funny face

Still a cutie

Another day, another try, another failure!


Will I like food today?

Nope.


Why do you torture me so?

Mouth clamped shut

Throwing in the towel.
As for the food I made last weekend, we still have peas to try. I don't have high hopes since lots of kids don't like peas. If the refusal trend continues, I may have to pull out the big guns and head to the yummy fruits... everyone likes apples right? :) I'm sure he'll start eating once he's ready. Neither daycare or the doctor seem concerned so we'll just keep offering and let him decide when he wants to partake at his own pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment