Saturday, November 24, 2012

Solids update


After his rough start, Nolan is really starting to hit his stride with solids! Other than cereals, sweet potato, butternut squash,  peas, and bananas, Nolan has started eating apples, avocado, pears, zucchini, and carrots! 

What are we going to try today mom?

So this is apples?

Not so sure after the first bite

That was really sweet!

But I want more (I try to grab the food off the spoon with my hand!)

Yum!
Next up: Avocado

Not a fan of the thicker consistency

Gross!

Stop torturing me Mommy!

So over it

Maybe we'll try again another day
Another new food?!?!

Smile for Momma

So this is Pears?!

Not so sure

Stare down

Another unsure bite

PEARS?!

Are you trying to kill me?

Just kidding, I really like pears now :)

Zucchini time!

A bit timid at first

But he gobbled it down and loves it!
I don't think I have any photos of Nolan trying carrots. Final verdict: Nolan likes most foods, with the exception of avocado. I think the texture really turns him off since it's so much thicker than the other foods. His favorite of the new foods: Zucchini! So he loves the green veggies best overall - peas and zucchini. What a healthy boy! We'll have to try some green beans soon.

PS - Happy Thanksgiving! I'll have to put together a Thanksgiving post soon. We have lots of left overs - Nolan may try his first meat in the form of pureed leftover turkey :)

No comments:

Post a Comment