Tuesday, June 19, 2012

11 weeks!

Someone is 11 weeks old today!

11 weeks old!

Nolan is just getting more and more fun and interactive! Lots of smiles and coos were seen this week - and we didnt have to coax him very hard to get them :)
Classic face he makes while batting at his toys!
Sweetheart

Sticking out his tongue!
We had another fun week together! Last Friday I took Nolan into work to meet all my co-workers. It was really nice to see everyone again - I never really had a formal farewell since Nolan surprised us by coming so early! I'm still so thankful my water didn't break while I was working that day! Nolan was so well behaved the entire trip and everyone marveled about what a good baby he was :) While we were there, I checked out the lactation suite on site, which was very nice and equipped with a private entrance, schedule, fridge and gliding chairs. I hope I can consistently pull away from work twice a day to keep up breast feeding. Pumping is definitely not my favorite past-time (although I do enjoy breastfeeding), but I know it is the best thing to provide for Nolan which makes it more than worth it. My coworkers were very excited to see Nolan and giving good advice and support on making the transition back to work. I'm lucky to have my job!

Then Sunday was our first Father's Day. We had a nice relaxing weekend. We went out to Brunch at our favorite breakfast restaurant on Saturday. On Sunday, I woke up early with Nolan and baked some muffins for Daddy. He loved his presents - a new polo shirt, wallet, and photo book documenting our pregnancy and Nolan's first few months. Check out the photobook here! We rounded out the day watching some US Open Golf and UEFA Cup together and going for a family walk with Deaner on a nice nature trail nearby.

Father and Son

1st Father's Day!
Yesterday we attended Infant Storytime at our library again. Nolan stayed awake for most of it this time. It was fun singing along with everyone and bouncing him on my lap. He was definitely looking around at all the other kids - I think he'll have fun interacting with the babies at daycare.

Scenes from this week:


Lots of smiles and giggles!
Cutie in Overalls!
Wearing Nolan facing outwards in the Moby Wrap now that he has the head control to look around!


Adorable truck sleeper :)

Sitting outside on our new patio furniture with Mommy (Dean joins us on the Chaise lounge)


Lots and lots of playtime in the gym!
yup, they're still best friends!


love spending my days with my boys!
I'm definitely loving being a mommy! We've gotten into a good rhythm at this point. I'm letting Nolan set his own schedule by looking for his patterns. He usually starts getting tired around 8pm or so and is in bed by 9-9:30pm. He'll wake up somewhere around 2-3am for a feeding, then again around 6-6:30am for another feeding. At this point I'll usually take him back into our bed to snooze for another hour or two. We come downstairs by 8:30-9am and I pump while he plays in his gym. He's active for an hour or two then naps around 10-11am. He'll be on an eat/play/sleep cycle for most of the day, eating every 2-3hrs. I definitely notice his longer naps are the morning nap and an afternoon nap around 2pm. I'm sure things will get shifted around as I start work and he's in daycare, but it's nice to know he's on his way to a nice little routine. 

I'm planning a pretty chill last 2 weeks of maternity leave - just soaking it all up while I can and living one day at a time. We will be heading back to NJ/NY this weekend to stay with my parents and visit Joe's good friend Mike who recently had identical boy twins a month after Nolan was born. It'll be fun to get all the boys together!

No comments:

Post a Comment