On to Christmas morning! It was really important to us to have a tradition of waking up at our own house to open presents on Christmas morning together as a family. Nothing beats those childhood memories. So we reserved Christmas morning for just us, took our time opening presents, played with new toys a bit, then packed up and hit the road to New Jersey to celebrate with my family.
Since Nolan really understood the Santa aspect this year, I made sure we baked cookies together that week to leave out for Santa on new Santa plates I picked up while Christmas shopping. Nolan LOVED baking, and I am excited to have this new fun activity to do together in the kitchen - he is already asking when we can bake cookies again.
 |
| I heard Santa's favorite is Chocolate Chip Cookies with mini chips :) |
 |
| First time leaving milk and cookies out for Santa! |
I also made sure to buy wrapping paper with Santa on it. Moving forward, I'd like to do a mix of presents from Santa and from Mommy/Daddy. This will hopefully help with gratitude/greediness as he realizes presents cost money and help explain why we should help other families in need that may not get any presents from Mommy/Daddy. So much strategy involved with parenting!
 |
| Christmas night right before bed. The calm before the storm. |
Nolan in typical fashion slept nice and late Christmas morning (this is NOT a complaint!) First we showed him that Santa ate his milk and cookies! He was a bit concerned that Santa left part of a cookie left, but was settled down when we told him he could eat the rest ;)
 |
Santa came!
|
Next up - present opening time! Nolan was super excited when we told him these were all for him!
No comments:
Post a Comment